PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 10:18 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
[ROM] VIPERrom v1.0.2 [BETA] (Froyo 2.2) UPDATED!! 11-16-2010

[ROM] VIPERrom v1.0.2 [BETA] (Froyo 2.2) UPDATED!! 11-16-2010 - xda-developers

First and Foremost...

Thanks to evilpeople, noobnl, Whosdaman, Hero_Over for theming, mysteryemotionz for the awesome images, and Firon for getting this out and workable.

UPDATE!!

Version 1.0.2 is HERE!! I've moved some installable files from system to sdcard so you can install and uninstall when and what you want. Open Astro File Manager and look on your sdcard for the folder "VIPERapps", that's where the files are such as ADW, ROM Manager, CarHome and more!

NOTICE!!!

These Froyo roms are BETA because the official release has not yet been made. You flash this at your own risk, and cannot hold me responsible for anything you do to your phone. You can try if you'd like, of course, but I will simply laugh at you.

I would like to give credit where due, so this rom is based off the 4.2 release found here ([ROM] Froyo DJ29 leak, deodexed, zipaligned and pre-rooted v4.2 [11/12] - xda-developers). I've added quite a few changes myself, and will have changes in the changelog, along with screenshots to show you what you're working with.

But first...

A few pointers...

--MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM!!!!! (As you should before installing any new ROM)
--Save any apk's you'd like on your sd card before installing.
--Make sure your battery is at 100%. (Flashing kills battery fast)
--WIPE data at least 3 times to be safe. (You don't need to wipe dalvik, as CWM does this for you when you wipe)
--Choose "Install zip from sdcard", then "Choose zip from sdcard". Or something along those lines.

FEATURES!
--Based on 4.2 leak (2.2)
--Deodexed for your convenience
--Pre-rooted also for your convenience
--Zipaligned (Yeah, you guessed it)
--Added Astro
--Added Mini Info (Has a VERY useful widget)
--Removed Sprint Bloatware (Minus the Hotspot and TV by request from a few)
--Fixed Browser.
--Added XDA App (to keep up to date of course lol)

If you would like any of the apk's without having to download another complete rom, let me know and i will put a zip up with all i've taken out.

There is no more problem with the browser, as i have replaced it and the downloading option works. No more "Not enough space" issues.

Remember To Wipe 3 Times!!!

UPDATE!! v1.0.2 Is Here!

DL Link To VIPERrom v1.0.2 ~155MB~ --->VIPERrom v1.0.2 Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

DL Link To VIPERrom v1.0.1 ~155MB~ ---> VIPERrom v1.0.1 -Obsolete-
DL Link To VIPERrom v1.0.1a ~165MB~ ---> VIPERrom v1.0.1a -Obsolete

Also, here's a few Icon Packs i've created to go with the launcher pro

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Changelog v1.0.1
--Based on 4.2 leak.
--Added APK's for optimizing performance
--Removed APK's that were IMO useless.
--Fixed Browser.
--Added Astro
--Added Mini Info
--Removed Sprint Bloatware
--Added XDA Apk
--Changed colors, layout to make it more crisp, nice looking.
--Added Spare Parts, Overclock Widget, and SGSToolbox (Open Astro, navigate to "system", then "apps" then i created a folder in there named "uninstalled apps" with these included in.)

Changelog v1.0.2

--Removed Some Files From System And Put Them On The SDCard.
--Removed Stock Browser, Replaced With Dolphin Browser.
--Download From Browser Now Capable.
--Added ADW And ZEAM Launchers.
--Added New TW Launcher.
--Removed Launcher Pro (Had Some Problems With It).
--Added Host File To Block Ads.
--Added Gingerbread Youtube.
--Added ROM Manager
--Added CarHome
--Removed More "Bloatware".
--Made More Apps Uninstallable.
--Changed The "Dialer" Layout To Clear Buttons .
--Added Transparent Status Bar (Drop Down).
--Changed Lockscreen Lock Icon.

**Still Working On The Lockscreen Lag Issue As Well As Getting The Powermod Options To Work.**

Here are some screenshots to show you what it is before you download...

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/...x/UPDATE-1.png
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/...2x/update2.png
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/...2x/update3.png
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/...2x/update4.png
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/...2x/update7.png

Please, if you find anything wrong with my ROM, let me know and I will GLADLY remove it/fix it.

BThomas22x
Team VIPER

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-18-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:22 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [ROM] VIPERrom v1.0.2 [BETA] (Froyo 2.2) UPDATED!! 11-16-2010

future use:

imo this is the best looking/running 2.2 rom out.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What do we have here... An early adopter... How about tether via usb...do they work right out the box? Also how do u remove the lock screen? And how fast does it overclock...?
I'm not feeling the lock screen wallpaper.. the joker is ok since its a wallpaper but the lockscreen.. is stuck to be that way or can I change it?

Sent while your mom was putting her clothes on. Tapa tapa tapa
Old 11-19-2010, 08:34 AM
acs tester
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
What do we have here... An early adopter... How about tether via usb...do they work right out the box? Also how do u remove the lock screen? And how fast does it overclock...?
I'm not feeling the lock screen wallpaper.. the joker is ok since its a wallpaper but the lockscreen.. is stuck to be that way or can I change it?

usb tether and wifi both work outa the box. lock screen can and always has been easy to disable with battery indicator pro plus theres a free app in market to do it but i forgot the name but i will google it in a min. question 3 is a no cause there isnt a kernel yet to overclock.

i use this also for lock screen, its called "no lock" and free.
http://www.appbrain.com/app/no-lock/...android.nolock

http://code.google.com/p/mylockforan...ki/officialFAQ
http://code.google.com/p/mylockforan...downloads/list

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-19-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

When u say make sure battery is 100% flashing kills the battery fast. Well...my battery is low right now... is it okay to at least keep it on charge while we're doing this?

Edit: from what I'm seeing in the xda forum I'm going to hold off flashing this until the lag in the lock screen gets remedied...

Old 11-19-2010, 05:05 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

Quote:
When u say make sure battery is 100% flashing kills the battery fast. Well...my battery is low right now... is it okay to at least keep it on charge while we're doing this?

Edit: from what I'm seeing in the xda forum I'm going to hold off flashing this until the lag in the lock screen gets remedied...

well since your killing lock screen whats the big deal?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
well since your killing lock screen whats the big deal?
I haven't tried flashing this rom yet. Are you saying if I use No Lock app that it will temporarily make the lag go away?

I personally want to use Widget locker with the phone's lock pattern.. What I'm seeing in xda is the lock lags and thus assuming widget locker will not work when rooted because of 5 second rule?

Besides I was waiting for Syndicate Rom when I heard it was out... I'm gonna do a search on it.

Last edited by youngblack; 11-19-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:22 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

Quote:
I haven't tried flashing this rom yet. Are you saying if I use No Lock app that it will temporarily make the lag go away?

I personally want to use Widget locker with the phone's lock pattern.. What I'm seeing in xda is the lock lags and thus assuming widget locker will not work when rooted because of 5 second rule?
first you asked "how to remove lock screen" so i post apps to kill it now your going to use it? i dont use the app your talking about or a lock screen period so i guess flash or wait till he updates which he just told me will be soon and he is working with new modem now also.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

BThomas22x is becoming a great contributor

Actually the update has been dropped... feel free to check it out

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...85#post1999385
Old 11-20-2010, 02:02 AM
acs tester
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThomas22x View Post
Actually the update has been dropped... feel free to check it out

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...85#post1999385
check your pm

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development