PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 03:43 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM][BETA] Froyo DJ29 leak, deodexed, zipaligned and pre-rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
so far its good but have a few hiccups here and there... is there a limit on how many programs you can move to your sd card..? because I was a little upset after 38 files got downloaded from the market.. the notification saying phone memory is low. so I moved some.. then downloaded some.. rebooted some... notification again saying phone is nearly full.. move some then suddenly it failed because the sdcard is full?....what?! I used up 2gb of the 16gb card.. most of which are my videos and pictures taken from the phone or downloaded from messages. c'mon now the mem restriction on the sdcard has got to go!
If you want more... there is an app on the market called App2SD

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Okay...I'm listing programs not friendly with the froyo upgrade:
1) ultimate juice defender.. which i truthfully suspect messed up my phone and leaving me crippled with no internet connection. I removed it and reinstalled the rom all over again without wiping and now it's functioning better. But I wanted to have something that will help with the battery or at least filter my apps so that they don't go behind my back draining the battery. Considering living in rural areas so less wifi and more 3G coverage. Before the upgrade with juice defender I was getting 13hours...which is good enough for me.
2) Calendar Pad Pro.. man I miss this app so bad I used it like everyday! now it doesn't work.. the widgets are blank.. that's it.
3) Launcher Pro (paid version) a side affect... when you rotate your phone the label (or app name) home screen is cut off... ugh! so I disabled the rotation in settings for now.

@GTEN.. THanks for the heads up I will look into it.. about APP2SD. I thought it was a simple hack with connect bot and guidelines that you had to follow. Nice to know there's an app for that
Old 11-13-2010, 09:53 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
Okay...I'm listing programs not friendly with the froyo upgrade:
1) ultimate juice defender.. which i truthfully suspect messed up my phone and leaving me crippled with no internet connection. I removed it and reinstalled the rom all over again without wiping and now it's functioning better. But I wanted to have something that will help with the battery or at least filter my apps so that they don't go behind my back draining the battery. Considering living in rural areas so less wifi and more 3G coverage. Before the upgrade with juice defender I was getting 13hours...which is good enough for me.
2) Calendar Pad Pro.. man I miss this app so bad I used it like everyday! now it doesn't work.. the widgets are blank.. that's it.
3) Launcher Pro (paid version) a side affect... when you rotate your phone the label (or app name) home screen is cut off... ugh! so I disabled the rotation in settings for now.

@GTEN.. THanks for the heads up I will look into it.. about APP2SD. I thought it was a simple hack with connect bot and guidelines that you had to follow. Nice to know there's an app for that
juice is a worthless app anyhow but dont forget this is a "leak" plus some apps will be updated for froyo.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:54 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Patience Grasshopper.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

syntheticexctasy is just getting started

Tried asking over at XDA, guess I'll try here now.

Does anyone know whether the crappy a2dp bitpool has been changed or not?
Old 11-13-2010, 11:14 AM
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I have 2 questions. I tried reading through the XDA thread where this came from , but as of right now there are more than 750 posts, and I don't have time to read all that.

-Question #1: On the first page it says "This flashes a new kernel. We do not yet have a new modem, so you'll want to use the DI18 modem with this." I am currently running the latest update of Experience. Does this use the DI18 modem, or do I need to go back to a stock DI18 before flashing this Froyo beta?

-Question #2: At the end of the same page it says "Do not use DI18 custom kernels on this ROM." Does this mean that even if Question #1 is no, that I still at least need to go back to a stock DI18 kernel before flashing, or does it mean that after I flash this I shouldn't flash a custom kernel?
Old 11-13-2010, 11:20 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
I have 2 questions. I tried reading through the XDA thread where this came from , but as of right now there are more than 750 posts, and I don't have time to read all that.

-Question #1: On the first page it says "This flashes a new kernel. We do not yet have a new modem, so you'll want to use the DI18 modem with this." I am currently running the latest update of Experience. Does this use the DI18 modem, or do I need to go back to a stock DI18 before flashing this Froyo beta, or does the Experience ROM use the DI18 modem?

-Question #2: At the end of the same page it says "Do not use DI18 custom kernels on this ROM." Does this mean that even if Question #1 is no, that I still at least need to go back to a stock DI18 kernel before flashing, or does it mean that after I flash this I shouldn't flash a custom kernel?
modem is in the kernel so just flash di18 kernel cause experience has no kernel so whatever kernel you had you still have. #2 do not flash a custom kernel. not yet till new froyo compatible kernels are out.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:34 AM
nous défions

OK , that makes sense. I am running the Phoenix kernel, so where can I find the DI18 kernel?
Old 11-13-2010, 11:41 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
OK , that makes sense. I am running the Phoenix kernel, so where can I find the DI18 kernel?
post 2 of experience rom thread, i posted it sir.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:53 AM
nous défions

Thanks. I don't know how I missed that.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development