PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **Baked Snack 1.3 Hero_Over Rom**1.3 ghz overclock %100 Working!! FAAST..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
Ok, I've installed this twice now. Both times were from "bone stock". Did the multiple wipes, etc. It seems to work just fine EXCEPT that when I try to do anything at all within adb shell or term, I get, "permission denied". At first I thought there was something wrong, but apparently he's locked us out. No biggie, I guess.

The file I downloaded says it's v 1.3 but in the "about" list in the phone it says 1.2 Typo maybe?? Anyway, so far, so good otherwise. All of the rooted apps work except Titanium which I've never had much luck with. I'm not crazy about the transparent screens, etc. but also not a biggie. It seems to work up to 1.3 GHz for me so far.....
Try this, works for me..

ConnectBot-git-2010-10-08_01-19-17.apk 705 KB

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 10-14-2010, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Try this, works for me..

ConnectBot-git-2010-10-08_01-19-17.apk 705 KB

Thank you but I already had it and I get the same results when I attempt to access anything.
Here is what I type:

$ su
#
#whoami
whoami "permission denied"

Anything I try results in permission denied.

What root method did you use?

I wiped my back to bone stock and then installed joeykrim's one click root and then clockworkmod recovery. AT that point, I would get "root" as the response to whoami

Then I wiped the data/cache/dalvik cache 2 times and installed the Baked Snack ROM. Everything seems to work ok except for this. All of the apps that require root work fine. Dunno whats going on.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
Thank you but I already had it and I get the same results when I attempt to access anything.
Here is what I type:

$ su
#
#whoami
whoami "permission denied"

Anything I try results in permission denied.

What root method did you use?

I wiped my back to bone stock and then installed joeykrim's one click root and then clockworkmod recovery. AT that point, I would get "root" as the response to whoami

Then I wiped the data/cache/dalvik cache 2 times and installed the Baked Snack ROM. Everything seems to work ok except for this. All of the apps that require root work fine. Dunno whats going on.
Maybe because your not talking through busybox and busybox is included in one click root?
try these:
$ busybox who
$ busybox whoami
$ busybox wget

Should get something like unknown uid 10146 if rooted.

That should do it!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 10-14-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Maybe because your not talking through busybox and busybox is included in one click root?
try these:
$ busybox who
$ busybox whoami
$ busybox wget

Should get something like unknown uid 10146 if rooted.

That should do it!
Here's what I got:

$ busybox who
$ busybox whoami
whoami: unknown uid 10071
$busybox wget
Busybox v1.17.1 ......
then a bunch of crap....dunno if it's important??

Now:
$ su
# whoami
whoami: permission denied

Same garbage. Maybe the uid 10071 is important since I didn't get uid 10146

Google of uid 10071 seems to indicate there is a permission problem.

If I type the same commands at the # prompt, I get the same results except for uid 0 after busybox whoami

I sure would like to solve this problem.....

thanks a bunch for your help!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Ok, so I'm confused as to what your trying to do. What's not working? If you type busybox before the command, the command works right?
Old 10-14-2010, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Ok, so I'm confused as to what your trying to do. What's not working? If you type busybox before the command, the command works right?
Well most things seem to work. The only thing that doesn't work right is the batch mode of titanium backup. Every other rooted app seems to work fine.

What doesn't work is any command typed in terminal mode / adb shell. When I bring up the term prog I get: (before I type anything)

$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:data/data/com/protocol.x.su.fbs/bin:$PATH;clear;clear: permission denied

$

To my untrained eye, it looks like su (superuser) is trying to do something that is not working.

Anyway to answer your question, everything works execpt for commands in term / adb shell term mode. Every command is answered with "permission denied".

I am an idiot, noob and have very little working knowledge of this, so please bare with me and my stupidity!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:01 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Guys, I have all the stock Sprint apps like Sprint tv, navigation, etc.
You can download them from my dropbox here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7523892/Apps.zip
Enjoy!
i also have a thread i started with all stock apps.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...stem-apks.html
Old 10-15-2010, 05:55 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i also have a thread i started with all stock apps.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...stem-apks.html
Cool, never saw that, thanks!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

I feel like an Idiot but I can not find the .zip file when i am in clockwork, any ideas please help. I have double checked it is on the card.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:52 PM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy View Post
I feel like an Idiot but I can not find the .zip file when i am in clockwork, any ideas please help. I have double checked it is on the card.
I think you have to re-name the file to update.zip? Not sure because I can't seem to get clockworkmod on my phone, so I apologize if I am incorrect but I thought I read that you have to re-name it for it to work? Worth a try anyway - Good Luck!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development