PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 06:53 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for the Epic 4g! Permament Method! FINAL! FIXED

B5Z I feel your pain. It took me more than a dozen tries to get CWM to install. What finally did it for me was I rebooted both the phone and the computer right before I tried and it worked. I ran the tryrunfirst and it failed, then I immediately ran tryrunlast and it worked. This is a completely unrelated topic, but if you read through this thread [How To] Return to Stock / Fix Bricked Epic - xda-developers you'll see that even the slightest change can make a difference. Change the USB cable, try a different USB port, reboot the phone and PC. I know its not a definitive "do this and it will work" but a lot of the stuff we do on these phones is like that. If at first you don't succeed, change something and try try again.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:40 PM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff
Re: [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for the Epic 4g! Permament Method! FINAL! FIXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
B5Z I feel your pain. It took me more than a dozen tries to get CWM to install. What finally did it for me was I rebooted both the phone and the computer right before I tried and it worked. I ran the tryrunfirst and it failed, then I immediately ran tryrunlast and it worked. This is a completely unrelated topic, but if you read through this thread [How To] Return to Stock / Fix Bricked Epic - xda-developers you'll see that even the slightest change can make a difference. Change the USB cable, try a different USB port, reboot the phone and PC. I know its not a definitive "do this and it will work" but a lot of the stuff we do on these phones is like that. If at first you don't succeed, change something and try try again.
Hey I appreciate the post, however, darren.wlsn1 finally had to come to my rescue!! It felt like the more I read the more I got confused, thought I had it a couple of times, then no dice. Was driving me absolutely bunkers. Darren got me hooked up though.....I can tell you one thing, Darren is a patient man! LOL

Thanks again for your post Johnny.Bravo!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:20 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post
Hey I appreciate the post, however, darren.wlsn1 finally had to come to my rescue!! It felt like the more I read the more I got confused, thought I had it a couple of times, then no dice. Was driving me absolutely bunkers. Darren got me hooked up though.....I can tell you one thing, Darren is a patient man! LOL

Thanks again for your post Johnny.Bravo!
no im not, i tried to ban you but i couldnt find the button. lol
honestly i love to help cause so many helped me when i was new here and thats really what this site is all about. your a good listener too.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:22 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I flashed the Baked Snack 1.3 Hero_Over Rom and then ran the CWM data restore and I lost ADW Launcher. It was there when I first flashed the new ROM, but once I restored my user data its gone. Also missing is the wallpaper that was there right after I flashed. CWM restored the wallpaper I had when I ran the backup, but when I looked for the one that was there before I ran the restore function, its nowhere to be found. Any ideas?

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 10-30-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4G
Carrier: sprint

trilasonet is a n00b

My girlfriend just picked up a brand new epic, activated it 2 days ago. I was able to root it with no problem, but when I try to install clockwork Recovery it does not work.

Here is what i get

"one click installer and Clockworkmod Recovery v2.5.1.0 made by noobnl, skeeters
lint, and koush
Press any key to continue . . .
remove stock recovery patcher
mount: Operation not permitted
rm failed for /system/etc/install-recovery.sh, No such file or directory
rm failed for /system/recovery-from-boot.p, No such file or directory
copy kernel and flasher
1792 KB/s (313888 bytes in 0.171s)
failed to copy 'zImage' to '/sdcard/zImage': Permission denied
flashing kernel
RedBend Update Agent 6,1,14,1

FOTA : Make Block Device Nodes
lcd_init(49: start!
lcd_init(507): fb0 open success
lcd_init(514): width = 480, height = 800
open device file: Permission denied
bmldevice_get_size: bmldevice_open failed!src: /sdcard/zImage
dst: /dev/block/bml8 partition size: 0x0
part_size: 0x0
reboot: Operation not permitted
wait 60 second
cleanup
rm failed for /sdcard/zImage, Permission denied
rm failed for /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin, No such file or direc
tory
rm failed for /data/local/root.sh, No such file or directory
done
Press any key to continue . . ."
Sprint Mogul, 6800 HTC 1.5 years
Old 11-07-2010, 04:47 PM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilasonet View Post
My girlfriend just picked up a brand new epic, activated it 2 days ago. I was able to root it with no problem, but when I try to install clockwork Recovery it does not work.

Here is what i get

"one click installer and Clockworkmod Recovery v2.5.1.0 made by noobnl, skeeters
lint, and koush
copy kernel and flasher
1792 KB/s (313888 bytes in 0.171s)
flashing kernel

wait 60 second
cleanup
rm failed for /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin, No such file or direc
tory
done
Press any key to continue . . ."
Try it again, but this time try it from a different usb port...this worked for some people.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Lurker

trilasonet is a n00b

one click installer and Clockworkmod Recovery v2.5.1.0 made by noobnl, skeeters
lint, and koush
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
copy kernel and flasher
1630 KB/s (313888 bytes in 0.188s)
flashing kernel

wait 60 second
cleanup
done

Still not able to get this working. Made sure all drivers are installed, everything looks proper. Changing ports didn't work.

I even flashed it back to Factory Rom using Odin, and didn't get anywhere.

What info can I get for you to help me troubleshoot?
Old 11-07-2010, 11:29 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

2 things...

1) is the sd sdcard mounted or not?

2) you ran both run-try-first and run-try-last?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Lurker

trilasonet is a n00b

Yes, the SD card is mounted using the USB Debugging, connecting it to the computer, and then selecting "MOUNT" on the droid phone.

and yes, i tried both first and last.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Lurker

trilasonet is a n00b

Tried it on my other 64bit windows 7 computer. same result.

Phone stats

M# SPH-D700
Firmware 2.1-update 1
DI07
Kernel 2.6.29
Hardware version D700.0.5

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development