PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 07:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM] v.4 Simple Rom - Deodexed framework and apps Zipaligned (Updated All Working!)

Thanks to Aridon @ XDA [ROM] v.4 Simple Rom - Deodexed framework and apps Zipaligned (Updated All Working!) - xda-developers

All issues fixed, new file has been uploaded and the link updated

Ok, I like you, am tired of not having anything at all out there to flash and screw around with. I put this together last night and now that we have a somewhat functional clockwork recovery I wanted to give people something to screw around with.

That said, I'm having a lot of issues getting clockwork to properly flash .zips but fortunately there is a ghetto work around until I can look into fixing the issue.

Framework and apps are all deodexed and zip aligned. This is virgin, you will have to enter all of your information again so keep a titanium or mybackup handy.

I advise against restoring any data from apps that were once .odex. So restore your previous information carefully.

Do a Clockwork backup prior to doing this. If you don't then that is your own problem.

What you need:

1. You should be rooted and have clockwork recovery installed.

2. Download this image

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

3. Extract the folder to your desktop. DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME leave it in the format that it is in.

4. Mount your sd card and open it. You should have a folder clockworkmod > backup >

If you don't then you didn't do a backup. Go back and re read what I wrote from the top and do that first.

5. Open that backup folder and drop in the file you extracted

6. You should see

clockworkmod > backup > 2010-09-15.00.44.56 > with three files cache, data and system .img.

If there is an extra folder from extraction or your directory structure is different it won't work.

7. reboot to clockwork recovery (power off, wait, hold volume down, camera then power until you see it)

8. go to backup and restore

9. restore

10. Select 2010-09-15.00.44.56

The backup will process on your device, once finished hit reboot and you will have a fully deodexed, zip aligned stock rom that you can now customize.

I have done this multiple times without any issues. You can also try a selective backup of just the /system folder and try an retain your /data. This has worked in the past for me, however I did have one incident where it cause a lot of issues and I had to do a full restore to stop the force close.

What do you gain?

Well the rom is a little bit zippier with things optimized a bit and there is a little more RAM available. It is also easier to skin and do other things now that all those pesky .odex files are gone.

If you have a question or issue post it here. Don't send me PM's.

Troubleshooting

1. Can't download from market?

Make sure you are signed into Gtalk.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development