PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Gorilla Gadgets Extended Battery For Epic 4g

I just ordered the Gorilla Gadgets 3500 mha battery for the Samsung Epic 4g (they also offer many others as well such as HTC)

Cell Phones and Tablets :: Samsung :: Samsung Epic 4G - LED Flashlights, Cell Phone Gadgets, Computer Gadgets, iPhone 4 Accessories, and much more with $1.99 Flat Rate Shipping!

Here are some pics from their site.... I cant wait to review it... Currently i use either Midnight rom or Android Creative Syn 1.0.1 rom (currently run)

I hope this is as good as Seidio online extended battery
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:52 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Gorilla Gadgets Extended Battery For Epic 4g

thanx for posting, 25$ is good price too so please post review when ready.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Looks not bad, does it actually offer over double battery life? aka got a comparison of reg battery vs this?

I remember once I got a cheap 10,000mah battery (not for a phone..but I was naive back then lol)..it lasts like only 5min charging a phone lol

Moved

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
I will let you know. The pics make it look thin. I wunder what cells they use japan or china.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

please post pictures and etc... I want to know how it works.
I'll buy one if the life is nice.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I just got my battery in the mail today. It was quick delivery.
I am charging the battery right now.
The battery does not work with the Samsung external charger as the Samsung external charger flips the battery upside down, thus the upside down extended battery will not reach the pins to charge. I have powered down the phone and charging it until about 6am tomorrow March 17, 2011. I will then drain it to turn off and then charge it again for over 12-15 hours. and repeat this about 5 times. Wish someone had a batter conditioner.

looks to be about double the size of the original battery.
Wish batteries can charge in as little as an hour. They are working on quick charges like that....
Old 03-16-2011, 03:08 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
I just got my battery in the mail today. It was quick delivery.
I am charging the battery right now.
The battery does not work with the Samsung external charger as the Samsung external charger flips the battery upside down, thus the upside down extended battery will not reach the pins to charge. I have powered down the phone and charging it until about 6am tomorrow March 17, 2011. I will then drain it to turn off and then charge it again for over 12-15 hours. and repeat this about 5 times. Wish someone had a batter conditioner.

looks to be about double the size of the original battery.
Wish batteries can charge in as little as an hour. They are working on quick charges like that....
you repeat process 5x, omg thats just crazy imo.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
you repeat process 5x, omg thats just crazy imo.

its what people recommend to condition the battery along with a wipe of the battery stats.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:49 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
its what people recommend to condition the battery along with a wipe of the battery stats.
not me, 3x tops and done.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

[Review] 3500 mAh monster battery - Page 16 - xda-developers

see all my pics over at xda. i have about 50 or so pics....

I have taken some pics of the new battery from gorilla gadgets its the epic 3500mha battery.... I would like to know whats under the yellow wrapper of the battery....

All pics were taken with my Laptop web cam an Asus g60jx from Best Buy....

I turned the phone off and charged the battery for 8 hours in the off mode.
Then:

1. booted into Clock Works mod 3 (EXT4 file system) 10pm
2. wiped battery stats
3. formatted everything under mounts and storage at least three times.
4. removed transflash card and deleted all android stuff from it
5. rebooted phone back into Clock Works Mod 3
6. Flashed the Midnight rom lasted standard
7. booted into phone
8. installed all programs
9. booted into Clock Works Mod 3 to install Touch WIZ. Wish you guys would stop using LAuncher Pro... it sucks...
10. rebooted
11. streamed from wunder radio WOWO radio and went to bed at 11pm
12. woke up about 6am and found streaming stopped at some point in the night. battery down to 78% i think.
13. Streamed some more until about 10am battery at 1% according to Batttery Monitor Widget at 10:40am

This is light usage for me... So the battery may be lasting longer just not sure how much longer since the over night stream (wifi on) stopped at some point. I am running down the battery to zero and then when i get home i will charge it for about 8-10 hours or so while the phone is off....
Then i will play mp3 music with repeat all when i go to bed and see what the level is when i wake up..............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0317011049.jpg (166.0 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 0317011050.jpg (175.8 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 0317011050b.jpg (170.5 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 0317011051a.jpg (164.2 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 0317011051c.jpg (159.1 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 0317011053.jpg (171.8 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 0317011053b.jpg (157.9 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 0317011053d.jpg (154.9 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 0317011054a.jpg (152.6 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 0317011049a.jpg (210.5 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by caleb02; 03-17-2011 at 11:06 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories