PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 05:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

LucJoe is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Micro USB to HDMI cable

Has anyone been able to find this for a reasonable price? Only thing I can find is an eBay listing for $59.60!!!

Samsung Galaxy S Micro USB to HDMI Video Cable - eBay (item 270646179866 end time Nov-06-10 17:23:31 PDT)
Old 11-02-2010, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cocoabro is keeping up the good workcocoabro is keeping up the good work
Re: Micro USB to HDMI cable

Meritline.com is easily my favorite site for cables.

3 Feet Micro USB Micro-B Data cable for Cell Phones, Charge Cell Phone on PC and Transfer Data, USB 2.0 Type A Male to Micro-USB Type B cable - Meritline.com
Old 11-02-2010, 10:50 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

that is not the same cable. that is usb to microusb.
the op is looking for usb to hdmi.
op, do you know what section your in? that is not a cable that willl work with the sprint epic 4g. wrong section much?
lolz. i found this on that meritline site for 199.!
what a joke.
http://www.meritline.com/7-touch-scr...--p-54923.aspx
7 in "generic label (knockoff)" android os tab

Last edited by austin420; 11-02-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

All initial reports claimed the Epic 4g (and all Galaxy S phones) could use this cable to output HDMI. I can't find any recent information to back this up.

Are you sure this is not compatible? I did not post this in the wrong section. Do we really have no video out option on the Epic?

edit: Look at the eBay listing. It specifically says it's for the Galaxy S ... And lists the Epic 4g specifically!

edit2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=737825 <- XDA thread. Verdict: Doesn't work now, but might be possible with a software update (Nov14 update anyone?)

Last edited by LucJoe; 11-03-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:11 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

then you should deff buy it. lol. good luck with that, because it will never work.
sprint specifically had video out disabled because it would be possible to stream sprint tv.
i think before that cable is ever going to work, they will have video out via the headphone jack like all the other galaxy s phones.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MOGUL, TP1, TP2, EVO, EPIC 4g

nadcicle20 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
then you should deff buy it. lol. good luck with that, because it will never work.
sprint specifically had video out disabled because it would be possible to stream sprint tv.
i think before that cable is ever going to work, they will have video out via the headphone jack like all the other galaxy s phones.
So what would be the difference of being able to stream it from my epic and my Evo when it comes to sprint tv?

I wasn't aware that anyone would even care to watch something so crappy on a larger device.

No offense to you, but you're the first saying that sprint tv was the reason that video out was disabled that I have heard of.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:34 PM

you obviously dont use your evo much. i own both, so let me retort.
the hdmi out on the evo is only for movies, pics and such stored on the storage card or youtube. you cant view the homescreen and whatnot via hdmi out.
since the epic doesnt have a dedicated port to display only videos, in theory if you could stream video from it, you could also stream sprint tv.
im not the first person to mention sprinttv in association with this. ill search for a second to show you!

Last edited by austin420; 11-03-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:41 PM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1929878-post1.html
there ya go smart ass, no offense to you!
hypno is one of the most reputable people on this site.
here is some noob talking about it too.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1945458-post4.html

Last edited by austin420; 11-03-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
you obviously dont use your evo much. i own both, so let me retort.
the hdmi out on the evo is only for movies, pics and such stored on the storage card or youtube. you cant view the homescreen and whatnot via hdmi out.
since the epic doesnt have a dedicated port to display only videos, in theory if you could stream video from it, you could also stream sprint tv.
im not the first person to mention sprinttv in association with this. ill search for a second to show you!
That makes no sense, and everything else I've seen points to other reasons. ALL Galaxy S devices (not just Sprint) are currently not working for this feature, and the only word from Samsung is that a software update is needed. The official Samsung page originally listed this part (The MicroUSB to HDMI cable, which is an official Samsung part) as compatible with Galaxy S, but later pulled that from the site. This leads me to believe it's either 1) not possible due to a hardware limitation or 2) not implemented yet (software limitation)

If it's truly all because Sprint blocked it (unlikely), the dev community will be able to fix that soon.

I'll just go post on XDA, forget these know-it-all trolls...
Old 11-03-2010, 07:59 PM

good luck at xda. if you think im a knoe it all troll, theyll eat you alive, lurker.
get back to me when you have a few more posts and a little rep.
kthanxbai!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories