PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Vassago is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Car Holder

Has anyone found a good holder that attaches to a dash or windshield for use while driving that still allows good visibility (for gps/music/pandora/calls/etc...) and full use of the power and aux jack? I've been having some trouble finding one that fits good and snug. I don't want this thing falling off easy.

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

playaed is a n00b
Re: Car Holder

i can tell you what not to get. don't get the clingo car mount. it doesn't work well with our epic. phone kept falling off first day using it.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900

Mikeschevelle is just getting started

I just bought this for the heck of it (so cheap )

Ill let you know if its worth anything

11-ITEMS leather Case+battery+ LCD for Samsung Epic 4G - eBay (item 260672171872 end time Dec-01-10 07:39:54 PST)
Old 01-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeschevelle View Post

11-ITEMS leather Case+battery+ LCD for Samsung Epic 4G - eBay (item 260672171872 end time Dec-01-10 07:39:54 PST)
Dude update this and let us know, would ya?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:20 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeschevelle View Post

I'd like some feedback on all the other stuff in that package too, like the batteries and the charger.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:30 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

This is the one I have: Amazon.com: Bracketron PHW-203-BL Mount, Mobile Grip-It Windshield: Sports & Outdoors

It works best if you have your phone in a case, but also works well without one. It will just hit the buttons sometimes w/o a case. My brother and girlfriend also have the same one and they both like it as well.

FYI: I found it at TJ Maxx for $12.99

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

my wife just got This one for me today.. I'll let you all know how it works out when it gets here.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hells to the yeah!!!
I just made myself one of these...

How to Build a Car Mount for Your Cellphone from Office Supplies
Old 02-03-2011, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G, Touch Pro2

ProDriver77 is becoming a great contributor

I purchased a Scosche GPS Mount at Wal-Mart for my Touch Pro 2 about a year ago for about $20, and it's still holding up beautifully. It came with both windshield and vent mounts; which works great because I can leave the windshield mount in the car and the vent clip in my "go bag" for work. When I get to work (I drive truck for a living), I just un-snap the holder from the windshield mount in the car, attach it to the vent clip, and pop it in the truck and I'm good to go.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
my wife just got This one for me today.. I'll let you all know how it works out when it gets here.
Ok, I received this window mount yesterday and I must say, it's quite an amazing piece.

The Epic fits in there securely, the 'dock' portion has a slide on it to engage/dis-engage the charging port while still securely holding the phone. Comes w/ a cigarette lighter charging cord to stay plugged into the dock (that can also be plugged into the phone directly if you wish. The charging cord is NOT the coily cord type, rather a decent length of small diameter straight cord.

The Dock that holds the phone is soft touch plastic to keep from marring the phone, it's also flexible and not rigid. I 'believe' the keyboard can be slid open when in the dock although I didn't try that yet.

There's a headphone jack on the rear of the dock but says that it will only be active w/ Froyo release (and I don't believe the DK28 leaked build has the capability for this to be enabled, and I don't have the resources to test it properly).

The suction cup mount is very sturdy. The mount is very stable. It also includes a flat disc w/ sticky tape on it to sticky the mount to your dash and use the suction cup for that.

The dock itself is detachable from the mount/arm for some reason. It has a quick release latch incorporated as well but as of now, I'm not sure what else it would clip onto.

When connecting the dock to the USB port it puts the phone in 'car' mode automatically as well.

All in all, it's definitely worth the price. It's a very nice piece and I highly recommend it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories