PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 04:17 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cellet Vertical Belt Case Review with Pics.

Thought I'd give a review of the Belt Case/Holster I use for my Epic. I've never been a fan of the cases that stay on the phone. Had one on my Diamond and it was always getting dust and lent trapped along the edges between the screen.
I also like the look and feel of just the naked phone with a nearly invisible screen protector.

The Stock horizontal belt cases that came with my Diamond and Touch Pro2 were always getting knocked off my waist. So I found a vertical belt case for my Touch Pro2 made by Cellet from Top Quality Cell Phone, PDA & Ipod Accessories that worked great and was only $8.00. The only thing I didn't like was that the very top of the phone was uncovered, and it suffered a few nicks from a drop while in the case.

When I got My Epic, I went back to the same website and they had a similar one that had a flap that covered the top of the phone. For $6.99 plus about $3 shipping, this one is well worth it.

The clip has a hook design that is almost impossible to knock off your belt, and stays hooked well on just your pants. The phone fits snugly, but should loosen up a bit as the one for my Pro2 did. You can also get a swivel clip for the case. The clip is removeable if you just want to put the case in a pocket or purse. You can check for notifications without removing the phone as well. The only thing I wish they did was fully cover the phone at the bottom, it has about a 1" gap in the center at the bottom, I assume for charging, but with the Epic you would have to put the phone in upside down to do this.

These are great quality, especially for the price. The one for my TP2 is still in great shape, not 1 loose thread or separated stitching.

Samsung Epic 4G Leather Case Vertical Removable Clip Black

Here are some pics for those interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0197.JPG (104.8 KB, 49 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0198.JPG (112.9 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0199.JPG (114.6 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by gullzway; 10-23-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:18 PM
VFW Member
Threadstarter

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Cellet Vertical Belt Case Review with Pics.

A few more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0200.JPG (105.3 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0201.JPG (91.3 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0209.JPG (53.6 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0210.JPG (52.6 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by gullzway; 10-23-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

TWO515TY is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

How snug is the fit on it? Do you think it would hold an Epic with a case on it? I have this Sprint protective cover case:

Review: Sprint Protective Cover (CZS6842R) for the Samsung Epic 4G
Old 10-24-2010, 07:39 AM
VFW Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO515TY View Post
How snug is the fit on it? Do you think it would hold an Epic with a case on it? I have this Sprint protective cover case:

Review: Sprint Protective Cover (CZS6842R) for the Samsung Epic 4G
Pretty snug. It'd be a tight squeeze. I checked and it does have some stretch to it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

How do you like that case? I checked it out and it looks pretty good. Thinking about buying one just to give me some more options.

Last edited by gullzway; 10-24-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TWO515TY is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Pretty snug. It'd be a tight squeeze. I checked and it does have some stretch to it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

How do you like that case? I checked it out and it looks pretty good. Thinking about buying one just to give me some more options.
It's a great case IMO. It offers pretty good protection and it's still easy to reach the number keys with it on. Doesn't seem to scratch the phone itself like I've heard of some other cases doing. I like it a lot, just wish It had some kind of belt clip attachment.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the review and pictures. I think I am gonna give this one a shot.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:47 AM
VFW Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorby View Post
Thanks for the review and pictures. I think I am gonna give this one a shot.
Did you end up buying one?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories