PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thegameksk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Case advice

Im looking to get a case for my phone. What do you guys recommend? Also if I keep the phone in my pocket will that damage the screen? I remember my touch pro eventually developed spots on the screen from being in my pocket. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:56 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Case advice

If you are worried about your screen getting damaged while in your pocket I suggest you look into both a case and a screen protector. There are several threads here on PPCG that discuss both cases and screen protectors. Personally I am using the OEM hard case that they sell at the Sprint store and I love it. I am also using the Realook screen protector. You can read a few screen protector reviews here:

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...een_Protectors

And if you look through the accessories forum you'll find several reviews of cases. The Seidio surface seems to be pretty popular and has gotten good reviews - although there are reports that it scratches the phone.

Here are a few links you can look at. I'm sure there are more.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...6k-beware.html

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...-question.html

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/samsung-ga...rotection.html
Old 10-26-2010, 06:14 AM
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Update on the Sprint OEM case.

It has been almost 2 months now since I bought the Sprint OEM hard case, and while I still have a generally positive opinion of it, I just wanted to report that one of the tabs that holds the front cover on just broke off. I have probably taken the case off for various reasons about 15 times in the 2 months that I have had it. I am really disappointed. I like the overall look, feel and performance of the case, but if the tabs break off then its a waste of money. And yes, I know all you hard-case-haters out there said this would happen (I can hear the "I Told You So's" from here).

Any updates from the Seidio owners out there? How are they holding up?
Old 11-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Update on the Sprint OEM case.

It has been almost 2 months now since I bought the Sprint OEM hard case, and while I still have a generally positive opinion of it, I just wanted to report that one of the tabs that holds the front cover on just broke off. I have probably taken the case off for various reasons about 15 times in the 2 months that I have had it. I am really disappointed. I like the overall look, feel and performance of the case, but if the tabs break off then its a waste of money. And yes, I know all you hard-case-haters out there said this would happen (I can hear the "I Told You So's" from here).

Any updates from the Seidio owners out there? How are they holding up?
Take it to a corporate sprint store, they will most likely give you a new one for free. When I was at a corp store a few days ago, they gave someone a new belt clip because the old one broke

Old 11-01-2010, 05:53 AM
nous défions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
Take it to a corporate sprint store, they will most likely give you a new one for free. When I was at a corp store a few days ago, they gave someone a new belt clip because the old one broke
I thought about that, but the truth is that I'm not sure I want another one. I might try a silicone case next.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:30 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Try this one. Phone stays protected when not in use.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...view-pics.html

When in use, well don't drop the Damn thing!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:39 AM
nous défions

Yeah, I read your review of that belt case when you posted it, I'm just not a big fan of belt-clip style cases. My lifestyle is way to active to be worried about my phone falling off a belt clip. I need to keep it securely tucked away in a pocket. I had a belt style case for my TP2 and I liked it at first, right up to the point where it fell out of the case while I was carrying a bunch of stuff up a flight of stairs. I watched in slow-motion horror as my phone bounced down step after step and finally stopped at the previous floor landing. That was the moment I threw my belt-case in the trash and put my TP2 in my pocket.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Yeah, I read your review of that belt case when you posted it, I'm just not a big fan of belt-clip style cases. My lifestyle is way to active to be worried about my phone falling off a belt clip. I need to keep it securely tucked away in a pocket. I had a belt style case for my TP2 and I liked it at first, right up to the point where it fell out of the case while I was carrying a bunch of stuff up a flight of stairs. I watched in slow-motion horror as my phone bounced down step after step and finally stopped at the previous floor landing. That was the moment I threw my belt-case in the trash and put my TP2 in my pocket.
That sucks, but do you think that a hard (sprint/seidio style) case would protect it effectively in a fall like this? I am also not a big fan of belt clips but I do like soft leather cases whithout the belt clips. I really like that Cellet case, I just wish they would make one with completely flat back, without that belt-clip clip attachment piece on the back. It just adds more bulk and thickness to the case. I've had Seidio hard case on my TP2 before and the front piece cracked pretty easily. Those cases would certainly protect against scratches, but I am not sure they would offer much during a one-flight of stairs fall.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 PM
nous défions

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.21126/21.529; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

No I don't think it would protect it in a fall like that...my point is that if it's in my pocket it wouldn't fall in the first place.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories