PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Bargain Trader > Sold/Inactive Items
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)
Carrier: Sprint

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Considering selling 2 "Old" Sero Accounts - but questions 1st

My fiance and I currently each have the 500 F & F Sero plans for $30+tax (each). We are considering switching to AT&T for the iPhone (I know, I know). She can get a corporate discount and if we get a family plan it will be more expensive but not too bad.

I want to sell my Sero accuonts rather than cancel them. But I have some questions first:

1) If I transfer the Sero accounts, we don't have to pay ETFs, correct?
2) Can I take my existing number to AT&T (port it)? How does that work? Do I have to sign up with AT&T first with a new number abd then switch? I am worried that if I try to port it right away I'll get an ETF from Sprint. What is the process?
3) When we do a transfer of liability of our Sero lines to another party, we are completly done with that account, right? If that other person all of a sudden stops paying the monthly bill it can't affect our credit, right?

Thanks! If anyone could jump in and detail the process so that we could keep our existing numbers that'd be awesome.

Oh, any if anyone is interested in buying the Sero lines, let me know. We'd prefer to sell together to same buyer. Will be reasonable.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Bold
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

zagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to zagguru Send a message via Yahoo to zagguru
Re: Considering selling 2 "Old" Sero Accounts - but questions 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
My fiance and I currently each have the 500 F & F Sero plans for $30+tax (each). We are considering switching to AT&T for the iPhone (I know, I know). She can get a corporate discount and if we get a family plan it will be more expensive but not too bad.

I want to sell my Sero accuonts rather than cancel them. But I have some questions first:

1) If I transfer the Sero accounts, we don't have to pay ETFs, correct?
2) Can I take my existing number to AT&T (port it)? How does that work? Do I have to sign up with AT&T first with a new number abd then switch? I am worried that if I try to port it right away I'll get an ETF from Sprint. What is the process?
3) When we do a transfer of liability of our Sero lines to another party, we are completly done with that account, right? If that other person all of a sudden stops paying the monthly bill it can't affect our credit, right?

Thanks! If anyone could jump in and detail the process so that we could keep our existing numbers that'd be awesome.

Oh, any if anyone is interested in buying the Sero lines, let me know. We'd prefer to sell together to same buyer. Will be reasonable.

1) No ETF
2)Yes you can port. I think you should call ATT when u sign up and tell them u want to port, just make sure u dont sell ur seros until after u port.
3) You are no long liable in any way

Good Luck
Old 06-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks. I guess I am a little confised over the process. Once I find someone to transfer the Sero accounts to, do I call sprint first and get that all set up and then go to AT&T ? Do I risk losing my number for good if I do it that way? If I go to AT&T and tell them I want to port first, they'll take (port) my number abd it seems like an ETF will automatically be charged to my account and I'll lose the Seros accounts....

Still a bit confused over the steps I take to correctly do this....

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
Thanks. I guess I am a little confised over the process. Once I find someone to transfer the Sero accounts to, do I call sprint first and get that all set up and then go to AT&T ? Do I risk losing my number for good if I do it that way? If I go to AT&T and tell them I want to port first, they'll take (port) my number abd it seems like an ETF will automatically be charged to my account and I'll lose the Seros accounts....

Still a bit confused over the steps I take to correctly do this....

Thanks in advance!
just wondering how much do you want to sell the sero account for?
Old 06-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I think you port first then do the TOL

If you cancel then you lose your number

I <3 Android
Old 06-08-2009, 03:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nyczwillz is keeping up the good worknyczwillz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nyczwillz

you can't port your number and sell your SERO. its one or the other, I've had the same problem.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
you can't port your number and sell your SERO. its one or the other, I've had the same problem.
I did number porting and transfers of liability (TOL) for Sprint, and I don't recall any issues with either or both methods, for one your mobile directory number is "yours" to port (transfer) as you wish between Carriers, the TOL is just an additional procedure
Old 06-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nyczwillz is keeping up the good worknyczwillz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nyczwillz

How would that work? I've had no luck doing it. So your saying I could sell my SERO and transfer to another carrier and keep my number?
Old 06-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

this is what I want to do too, but not sure of the best way of doing it....
Old 06-09-2009, 06:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

First you would initiate service with ATT, open a line activate the phone, and ask a ATT Rep to initiate a Port request from your old carrier, Sprint.

ATT will contact a Sprint Rep and do the procedure and they inform how long it will take. Once the port is done and your Number is on ATT you get assigned a new MDN for the Sprint line of service.

Then start with a transfer of liability when you find someone that wants to buy the SERO account.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Bargain Trader > Sold/Inactive Items