PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Verizon's Touch Pro2 Second Only to iPhone 3GS (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99651)

ghamden 12-01-2009 08:55 PM

Verizon's Touch Pro2 Second Only to iPhone 3GS

http://pocketnow.com/tech-news/veriz...-to-iphone-3gs

with sales like this don't expect a OEM 6.5 from verizon for a while

Noir 12-01-2009 09:00 PM

Re: Verizon's Touch Pro2 Second Only to iPhone 3GS

LMAO!
oh yes there is no demand for htc devices =./
A 6.5 will be here IMHO

nesta17 12-04-2009 05:08 PM

Why would the Verizon version be better than the Sprint TP2? Sprint data network is faster and there are more "add on's" on the Sprint version.

Adrianh85 12-04-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesta17 (Post 1386663)
Why would the Verizon version be better than the Sprint TP2? Sprint data network is faster and there are more "add on's" on the Sprint version.

sprints network is not faster then verizons!! they are basically the same, the only difference is verizons network is more reliable!! and remember that the verizon versions of the tp2 can use us gsm bands after the sim unlock code from verizon is used!(and thats without the phone having hspl or using a patched radio)!! two the design of the verizon device is better(colors, and case)

Scoob 12-04-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesta17 (Post 1386663)

What about the fact that Sprint is trying to rape/price gouge their TP2 for $349 compared to Verizone's $199?

Come on Sprint, did you really want to sell those phones???

Adrianh85 12-04-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoob (Post 1386692)
What about the fact that Sprint is trying to rape/price gouge their TP2 for $349 compared to Verizone's $199?

Come on Sprint, did you really want to sell those phones???

dont forget that t-mobile (who dropped the tp2 first) also sold it for that price!! sprint was just going by the current market standard, now i dont know what made verizon drop price to 199 maybe to compete with the iphone! whatever made them do it caused the device to be sold out for 2-3 months!! even the imagio sold out for a month!!

Scoob 12-04-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1386713)
dont forget that t-mobile (who dropped the tp2 first) also sold it for that price!! sprint was just going by the current market standard, now i dont know what made verizon drop price to 199 maybe to compete with the iphone! whatever made them do it caused the device to be sold out for 2-3 months!! even the imagio sold out for a month!!

There is a huge demand from us Sprint people for the TP2 but their pricing is crazy.
I've decided to look to secondary markets for the TP2- ebay/craigslist. It seems like the only people with Sprint's TP2 are those that were able to get in on the Citibank deal or trade thier TP1 in... Those that actually paid full price probably feel like idiots with new like this.

Sorry for the rant, yes I am bitter.

Noir 12-04-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1386713)

and let's not forget I don't think vzw expected these things to sell that MUCH. The initial touch pro was met with so much negativity, users really hated the first touch pro. Verizon had a very short order catering to what they considered the "small" htc demographic. But combined with sprint's price, the ability to use US GSM sim cards almost out of the box, and the price, makes verizon the winner here...

And this is for a phone that isn't announced! Let's keep that in mind. Verizon did all it could to not announce this phone and in many cases not even informing vzw representatives that the phone even existed till day of. And even then, the user had to tell the CS rep this phone is out per an email not even vzw reps received!

This is a great thing for vzw. And I hope they realize the only reason why this occurred was because sprint screwed up horribly!

Adrianh85 12-04-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1386775)
and let's not forget I don't think vzw expected these things to sell that MUCH. The initial touch pro was met with so much negativity, users really hated the first touch pro. Verizon had a very short order catering to what they considered the "small" htc demographic. But combined with sprint's price, the ability to use US GSM sim cards almost out of the box, and the price, makes verizon the winner here...

And this is for a phone that isn't announced! Let's keep that in mind. Verizon did all it could to not announce this phone and in many cases not even informing vzw representatives that the phone even existed till day of. And even then, the user had to tell the CS rep this phone is out per an email not even vzw reps received!

This is a great thing for vzw. And I hope they realize the only reason why this occurred was because sprint screwed up horribly!

i feel u on the part about no promotions of the tp2!! good point!! hopefully verizon and sprint have learned to listen more to there customers!!

on another note i have yet to see another person with a verizon or sprint tp2!!

Scoob 12-04-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1386866)
i feel u on the part about no promotions of the tp2!! good point!! hopefully verizon and sprint have learned to listen more to there customers!!

on another note i have yet to see another person with a verizon or sprint tp2!!

True, the only time I've seen a TP2 in person was a Sprint employee who showed me his new toy a month ago. I havent even seen a display model in the stores...