PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 08:29 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon's Touch Pro2 Second Only to iPhone 3GS

Also, isn't it true that Verizon stores don't even carry the TP2? Or do they now? It's been a while since I've been in a VZW store.

Also, where can I read the review? Do I have to subscribe to Consumer Reports? My iPhone friend are lucky. If the VZW TP2 won, they would never hear the end of it from me (not that they already don't..)
Old 12-05-2009, 12:22 AM
PPC Geek's writer
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy 4G
Carrier: tmobile

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to pixelpower

I have a touch pro 2 and i think its really solid hopefully a rom will come out with more feature. I think one of pocket pc geeks will come out with a killer ROM.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:35 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelio rios View Post
I have a touch pro 2 and i think its really solid hopefully a rom will come out with more feature. I think one of pocket pc geeks will come out with a killer ROM.
yea, if only the comparison included the TP2 with EnergyROM.

I'd still like to know what the results were, and why the TP2 didn't come out on top of the iPhone. Maybe ease of use? Only reason I can think of.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6975

edev is a n00b

I like my TP2 Vzw. I have ran the Energy ROMs and now the SSK 3.1. SSK is more stable and rarely locks on me now.

What I just do not understand with WM, not sure with other OS, is the days of DOS. HiMEM ExtendMEM etc, that the limitations on RAM. Why hasnt WM extended the RAM to the MEM cards. Since I have used the Adv Config and pushed the items over, my RAM usage is roughly 55-70% max now and the system is running smoother. I would love to have the processor from the iPhone 3GS in the TP2, but love I the Keyboard on the TP2 (that kept me from iPhones ).

I am pretty much happy with the TP2 Phone now than before and would be nice for Microsoft and HTC to learn from the PPCGeeks ROM kitchens to that all have provided to make a more solid and stable phone.

Thank you all for the time you have put in on these ROMs.
Alltel 6800
Vzw 6700
Old 12-14-2009, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
I'd still like to know what the results were, and why the TP2 didn't come out on top of the iPhone. Maybe ease of use? Only reason I can think of.
Problems with TP2: Finding one to buy

Problem with iPhone: Apple/AT&T
Old 12-20-2009, 07:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor

Personally, the more I'm learning about the later iterations of WinMo 6.5 (such as the various builds of 6.5.3), the more content I am to wait for Vzw to release the update, provided they are delaying in order to proffer something like 6.5.3, 28004+ with the bottom start menu and the more finger-friendly improvements.

The only TP2 I've seen other than mine with vzw is my gf's Tmob. As big a percentage of the smart phone market the TP2 is carving out, remember that the overwhelming majority of mobile phone users are using generic flip phones and Nokia clones. So we are still a big fish in a really small pond.

Not to hate on Sprint, because I know there are surely some areas out there where service is great and there are still a handfull of people who actually have sighted a friendly Sprint customer service rep, but aesthetics of the TP2 aside, there is a reason for the mass migration away from that carrier. That said, I do like their commercials and I most certainly love their NFL 2009 app that I found cabbed here on PPCGeeks.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mlr_90 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
What about the fact that Sprint is trying to rape/price gouge their TP2 for $349 compared to Verizone's $199?

Come on Sprint, did you really want to sell those phones???
The difference being that Sprint rapes you on the phone purchase and Verizon rapes you every month. A family member was going to get a TP2 with Verizon and because it's a TP2 - they want another $30 month for data. He got the Samsung Rogue and it doesn't require the additional $30 for the SAME DATA. You tell me who's doing the raping!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:48 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

And you wonder why I want to get out of Verizon?
Old 12-27-2009, 03:18 AM
pjw
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

pjw is a n00b

Got my TP2 from Sprint for $199. I just asked if they would like to keep me as a customer or should I try Verizon.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Its a shame that the tp2 isnt on top.. to me this is almost the perfect smartphone...with endless capabilities. But its also a smartphone for adults.. because what teenager wants a tp2 over a iphone? What soccer mom wants a tp2 over a iphone? What 20 something male tyring to carve out a place in the world wants a tp2 over a iphone?

The answer not many..But u have us the geeks who know the full potential and what the tp2 and wm in general offer. And those buisness dudes who dont use a blackberry.. use wm..

My wife is doing very well so far with her tp2.. ( her first smartphone ) but i told her if she wants something else i would understand.. she said nah.. she will try to learn..and figure out things.. I was proud of her. most 30 something women would give up and get a bb or a iphone. for the ease of use.. but she is sticking in there..

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News