PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=153163)

Clipp 03-06-2014 01:25 PM

New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak)

Anyone picking up the 2014 HTC One Android smartphone this spring? It will get officially unveiled on March 25, but an early video review has already been posted on YouTube. Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R75tRkORqQE

http://www.smartkeitai.com/all-new-h...on-demo-video/

Riley 03-14-2014 11:01 AM

Re: New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak)

It certainly looks interesting. Many are saying that it's a step back from the design of the original one. I would love to know what the camera specs are before rendering any opinion. If they updated the ultrapixel 4 to something better than I would say yeah this is worth it, maybe a better device than the gs5 as well.

standi 03-16-2014 04:05 PM

in design, HTC and Apple are the best with htc one and iphone 5s, unlike galaxy :) but rumors says that samsung would release a galaxy s5 with aluminuim called samsung galaxy s5 prime

Merdinh 03-24-2014 06:58 PM

Check it out official
#HTCOneM8
HTC One (M8) Specs and Reviews | HTC United States

Tinkerbell 03-24-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merdinh (Post 2204051)

Very Cool. Thank you for posting that!!

Riley 03-26-2014 11:15 AM

4mp camera in 2014?? Not sure what HTC is thinking but this isn't going to help them gain market share. Everything else looks great but why would they do this.

rootlinux 03-26-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 2204082)
4mp camera in 2014?? Not sure what HTC is thinking but this isn't going to help them gain market share. Everything else looks great but why would they do this.

The 4mp ulrapixel works pretty good. Great in low light.

Riley 03-26-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 2204086)
The 4mp ulrapixel works pretty good. Great in low light.

Maybe it does do well in low light but this was still a big mistake on their part. The overwhelming majority of reviewers say the M8 camera is average at best again. I hate to say it but this is the beginning of the end for this company. CEO talking about hoping to get 10% market share again and their flagship has a 4mp shooter. Just plain stupid imo. I love HTC but they just can't get anything right. upixel and it's technology has it merits but this is bad marketing and perception to retain the same resolution which is half the mp of everyone else. Sammy and the others are going to continue their dominance because companies like HTC do not leap frog them by any stretch. HTC needed the very best camera, best design, best everything. Granted this is asking alot but nothing short of this is going to bring them back. Hell Sammy and Apple played it safe this year as well since nobody but Nokia is actually pushing the envelope in smartphone camera enhancements so these guys figure why innovate because the consumer is going to buy it for the label anyway. Just my humble opinion.

rootlinux 03-27-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 2204092)
Maybe it does do well in low light but this was still a big mistake on their part. The overwhelming majority of reviewers say the M8 camera is average at best again. I hate to say it but this is the beginning of the end for this company. CEO talking about hoping to get 10% market share again and their flagship has a 4mp shooter. Just plain stupid imo. I love HTC but they just can't get anything right. upixel and it's technology has it merits but this is bad marketing and perception to retain the same resolution which is half the mp of everyone else. Sammy and the others are going to continue their dominance because companies like HTC do not leap frog them by any stretch. HTC needed the very best camera, best design, best everything. Granted this is asking alot but nothing short of this is going to bring them back. Hell Sammy and Apple played it safe this year as well since nobody but Nokia is actually pushing the envelope in smartphone camera enhancements so these guys figure why innovate because the consumer is going to buy it for the label anyway. Just my humble opinion.

Possibly but my opinion is more megapixels doesn't make necessarily better. The best dslr cameras do not use a super high megapixel count. Pretty much it just adds a higher resolution image.
How many people view an image that high?
Not saying I wouldn't mind a higher resolution camera but it isn't a deal breaker.

MrGoodtunes 04-03-2014 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's not just *a* 4MP camera, but DUO 4MP camera(s)! This allows interesting results:

Tinkerbell 04-03-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes (Post 2204219)
It's not just *a* 4MP camera, but DUO 4MP camera(s)! This allows interesting results:

Humm... that is interesting. Thank you for the Pic!

rootlinux 04-03-2014 01:11 PM

I think I am the only one that wishes they would have brought back the 3D features. LOL

MrGoodtunes 04-03-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 2204222)
...wishes they would have brought back the 3D features...

Apparently, the DUO camera system does have some sort of 3D effect available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell (Post 2204220)
Humm... that is interesting. Thank you for the Pic!

What it is, is that you can decide on where to focus *after* taking the pic. So my guess is that there's a main (4MP) cam to take a 'sharp' pic, while the other (duo) cam takes a not-so-sharp pic, etc.

Overall, S5 has a higher quality camera than M8. But S5 still has only a small single loud speaker in a corner on the back side, while M8 has way better quality top and bottom speakers, which become left and right stereo speakers in landscape mode. Nice! If the M8 mini has such speakers and weighs in at less than 4 oz., I'll be very tempted.

rootlinux 04-03-2014 08:00 PM

If they make a new Max, I am in.

Sharkie405 04-16-2015 12:58 AM

I'm up for an upgrade in a few months. I'm currently on a Samsung Galaxy S4, but I'm way over Samsung. It's time to go back to my ol' fav HTC. Any word on what the new HTC hotness will be in a few months?

Oops, didn't realize this thread was from the year '14. Oh well, my question is still valid. :)

rootlinux 04-19-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 2208346)
I'm up for an upgrade in a few months. I'm currently on a Samsung Galaxy S4, but I'm way over Samsung. It's time to go back to my ol' fav HTC. Any word on what the new HTC hotness will be in a few months?

Oops, didn't realize this thread was from the year '14. Oh well, my question is still valid. :)

HTC One M9 is what's new.

How's it going brother?

Sharkie405 04-25-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 2208357)
HTC One M9 is what's new.

How's it going brother?

Things are going good! I finally got my ass back in school. I'm doing a Web Technologies program. So, I'm learning/have learned several programming languages like Java, Objective-C, etc..., Android, iOS, and everything there is to know about web development/design. I'm loving it! That's the reason I haven't been tinkering around with my phone the past year and a half or so. You know how this phone stuff can be addicting. I didn't want that to detract from me focusing on my school work. In any event, I'm kicking ass in school and I'm at the top of my class. I got a job in the I.T. department of a hospital, so I'm finally out of the retail/food service loop...YAY!!! I hated those jobs. That's about it for my life. At the moment, I'm loving it!

How about with you? I hope married life is still treating you well. How are the kids? Have you been working on ROMs still these days. If so, post a link to it.

rootlinux 04-25-2015 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 2208378)
Things are going good! I finally got my ass back in school. I'm doing a Web Technologies program. So, I'm learning/have learned several programming languages like Java, Objective-C, etc..., Android, iOS, and everything there is to know about web development/design. I'm loving it! That's the reason I haven't been tinkering around with my phone the past year and a half or so. You know how this phone stuff can be addicting. I didn't want that to detract from me focusing on my school work. In any event, I'm kicking ass in school and I'm at the top of my class. I got a job in the I.T. department of a hospital, so I'm finally out of the retail/food service loop...YAY!!! I hated those jobs. That's about it for my life. At the moment, I'm loving it!

How about with you? I hope married life is still treating you well. How are the kids? Have you been working on ROMs still these days. If so, post a link to it.

Wife and kids are good.
Haven't really been doing anything really rom related for a while.
Testing apps and roms for people, working a few forums and such.
Same ole thing.
Glad to hear you are doing so well.
Congrats brother.