PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/smartphone-news/)
-   -   New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/smartphone-news/153163-new-htc-one-2014-edition-early-video-review-leak.html)

Clipp 03-06-2014 01:25 PM

New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak)
 
Anyone picking up the 2014 HTC One Android smartphone this spring? It will get officially unveiled on March 25, but an early video review has already been posted on YouTube. Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R75tRkORqQE

http://www.smartkeitai.com/all-new-h...on-demo-video/

Riley 03-14-2014 12:01 PM

Re: New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak)
 
It certainly looks interesting. Many are saying that it's a step back from the design of the original one. I would love to know what the camera specs are before rendering any opinion. If they updated the ultrapixel 4 to something better than I would say yeah this is worth it, maybe a better device than the gs5 as well.

standi 03-16-2014 05:05 PM

Re: New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak)
 
in design, HTC and Apple are the best with htc one and iphone 5s, unlike galaxy :) but rumors says that samsung would release a galaxy s5 with aluminuim called samsung galaxy s5 prime

Merdinh 03-24-2014 07:58 PM

Re: New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak)
 
Check it out official
#HTCOneM8
HTC One (M8) Specs and Reviews | HTC United States

Tinkerbell 03-24-2014 09:11 PM

Re: New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Merdinh (Post 2204051)

Very Cool. Thank you for posting that!!

Riley 03-26-2014 12:15 PM

Re: New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak)
 
4mp camera in 2014?? Not sure what HTC is thinking but this isn't going to help them gain market share. Everything else looks great but why would they do this.

rootlinux 03-26-2014 07:35 PM

Re: New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 2204082)
4mp camera in 2014?? Not sure what HTC is thinking but this isn't going to help them gain market share. Everything else looks great but why would they do this.

The 4mp ulrapixel works pretty good. Great in low light.

Riley 03-26-2014 11:50 PM

Re: New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 2204086)
The 4mp ulrapixel works pretty good. Great in low light.

Maybe it does do well in low light but this was still a big mistake on their part. The overwhelming majority of reviewers say the M8 camera is average at best again. I hate to say it but this is the beginning of the end for this company. CEO talking about hoping to get 10% market share again and their flagship has a 4mp shooter. Just plain stupid imo. I love HTC but they just can't get anything right. upixel and it's technology has it merits but this is bad marketing and perception to retain the same resolution which is half the mp of everyone else. Sammy and the others are going to continue their dominance because companies like HTC do not leap frog them by any stretch. HTC needed the very best camera, best design, best everything. Granted this is asking alot but nothing short of this is going to bring them back. Hell Sammy and Apple played it safe this year as well since nobody but Nokia is actually pushing the envelope in smartphone camera enhancements so these guys figure why innovate because the consumer is going to buy it for the label anyway. Just my humble opinion.

rootlinux 03-27-2014 05:13 PM

Re: New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 2204092)
Maybe it does do well in low light but this was still a big mistake on their part. The overwhelming majority of reviewers say the M8 camera is average at best again. I hate to say it but this is the beginning of the end for this company. CEO talking about hoping to get 10% market share again and their flagship has a 4mp shooter. Just plain stupid imo. I love HTC but they just can't get anything right. upixel and it's technology has it merits but this is bad marketing and perception to retain the same resolution which is half the mp of everyone else. Sammy and the others are going to continue their dominance because companies like HTC do not leap frog them by any stretch. HTC needed the very best camera, best design, best everything. Granted this is asking alot but nothing short of this is going to bring them back. Hell Sammy and Apple played it safe this year as well since nobody but Nokia is actually pushing the envelope in smartphone camera enhancements so these guys figure why innovate because the consumer is going to buy it for the label anyway. Just my humble opinion.

Possibly but my opinion is more megapixels doesn't make necessarily better. The best dslr cameras do not use a super high megapixel count. Pretty much it just adds a higher resolution image.
How many people view an image that high?
Not saying I wouldn't mind a higher resolution camera but it isn't a deal breaker.

MrGoodtunes 04-03-2014 01:08 PM

Re: New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak)
 
1 Attachment(s)
It's not just *a* 4MP camera, but DUO 4MP camera(s)! This allows interesting results:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0