PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Droid DNA arriving November 21st on Verizon

Here some info from the press conference today along with a hands on video:

HTC Droid DNA coming to Verizon on November 21st for $200, pre-orders begin today -- Engadget

HTC Droid DNA hands-on (video) -- Engadget

There are positives like the quad-core processor, hd screen and camera improvements. Negatives are non removable battery and lack of external sd. I'm surprised they didn't add the ext sd but what are your thoughts?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:27 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Re: HTC Droid DNA arriving November 21st on Verizon

yeah i wont touch another htc myself. just switched to t-mobile and got a note 2. im liking samsung more and more lately.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
yeah i wont touch another htc myself. just switched to t-mobile and got a note 2. im liking samsung more and more lately.
Come on Fixxxer. At the rate you switch phones you will be back on HTC and another carrier in no time. LOL
Old 11-13-2012, 05:26 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

that phone looks like a beast! but I have to agree w/ fixxer....I've been a longtime HTC fan, and they are falling behind....Samsung has really stepped it up...I'm impressed.

I'm remodeling my kitchen at home, and ordered all Samsung appliances....maybe my next phone too :O
Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
that phone looks like a beast! but I have to agree w/ fixxer....I've been a longtime HTC fan, and they are falling behind....Samsung has really stepped it up...I'm impressed.

I'm remodeling my kitchen at home, and ordered all Samsung appliances....maybe my next phone too :O
Oh how the mighty have fallen.. HTC that is. If you go OMJ, they are screwed
Old 11-21-2012, 03:44 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

im happy as can be with my note 2 and switching to tmobile, better service at a cheaper price tag than verizon. and no im not going to promote it like eric used too.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

DNA seems to be getting mostly positive reviews from users. They did lock it down though on release day so development will be a challenge. I agree that Samsung is definitely much more appealing with removable batteries and ext sd option. Only thing I wonder is Verizon people complain a lot about the Sammy radios being weaker than HTC and Motorola (Verizon and Sprint specific). Can anyone confirm or deny this namely Karl or anyone else. lol.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm considering leaving Sprint and my GS3 to go to Verizon. The DNA really looks like a win to me. I'll wait it out and see how development goes. Battery life has come so far since the days of Winmo that the non removable doesn't put me off any more.

On a side note, Hi Dave!

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
I'm considering leaving Sprint and my GS3 to go to Verizon. The DNA really looks like a win to me. I'll wait it out and see how development goes. Battery life has come so far since the days of Winmo that the non removable doesn't put me off any more.

On a side note, Hi Dave!
Good to see you bud. I think I'm gonna hold off on the DNA unless they come out with a 32gb version.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Google
Carrier: scops

mianasad1126 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I am speechless. This is a fantastic site and very engaging too. Excellent work! That’s not really much coming from an amateur publisher like me, but it’s all I could think after enjoying your posts.
newspaper ads
Great grammar and vocabulary. Not like other site. You really know what you’re talking about too. So much that you made me want to explore more. Your blog has become a stepping stone for me, my friend. Thanks for the detailed journey.
certification material provider
I really enjoyed the posts that I have read so far.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News