PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 12:02 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
goodbye yellow brick road (winmo)

well, today marks the death blow to winmo6.x(6.1,6.5,6.5.5). well, maybe not quite that serious.

micro soft is shutting down the app store for winmo. i got this email yeaterday, as im sure a lot of you may have. in true winmo fashion, i actually got it 3 time to the same email addy. i see they still dont have it together. lol.
i didnt use this market place much, mostly i got my cabs and tweaks from here and freewarepocketpc.net , but its still a shame to see.
since there is no supported market, and no new development, what may be the fututre of windows mobile? will it just dissapear like the ancients? will it go open source or abandonware?
lets all try hard to not let ppcgeeks suffer the same fate.

moar info

Last edited by austin420; 03-09-2012 at 12:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken
Carrier: Sprint

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Yeah I got the same email yesterday, damn it really is the end of the road for WinMo

Sent from my Nexus S 4G Slide (lmao) using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Threadstarter

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: goodbye yellow brick road (winmo)

put it this way, you really have to leave the beaten path to find support for winmo.
one ? though, did you recieve the email 3 times? i feel like theyre spammin me!
Old 03-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I'm a bit surprised they couldn't still keep this up for a while. It's not like Microsoft doesn't have the resources to do so. But I guess they feel it's time to move one completely. It's a shame though but thankfully there are many options available and it's just a matter of deciding what works best for people.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
put it this way, you really have to leave the beaten path to find support for winmo.
one ? though, did you recieve the email 3 times? i feel like theyre spammin me!
No they only sent it once to me

Sent from my Nexus S 4G Slide (lmao) using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

sad times
Old 03-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

hm i thought they were dead last year :S I know they didn't shut it down, but with no new apps being added, I've already downloaded all the cab files I needed and haven't used marketplace since I got the phone...

kind of sad that MS plans to do this while the WP7 isn't exactly making news yet (I know it gets it's ads on news, but isn't same as apple/google). I just can't see how turning away people while not picking up more than lost users is a plan for success :S
Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

+1 On that. MS went from what, 30% market share down to 1%.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

+1 On that. MS went from what, 30% market share down to 1%.
by choice too. thats whats sad.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Post WINDOWS MOBILE IS STILL EPIC Reply

I got that email too. I don't think it means anything because I don't know anyone who actually used the "Windows Mobile 6 Marketplace" anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
by choice too. thats whats sad.
Yup. Microsoft went stupid on us, and now it's time to switch to Android. If Windows 8 is what they're saying it is going to look like, it might be time to switch to Apple Macintosh or Ubuntu or something after Windows 7 becomes obsolete, unless somebody can figure out a way to fix that too. We have quite some time to worry about it seeing how long Windows xp's useful life has been (and continues to be).

- 2B

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News