PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Verizon doubling data caps tomorrow on plans. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147903)

fixxxer2012 11-10-2011 07:55 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.145728) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Well at this point if verizon bought sprint they would at least fix the network. But im all for user choice.

eric12341 11-11-2011 06:38 PM

Re: Verizon doubling data caps tomorrow on plans.

Yea because sprint isn't doing shit about it even after all the dozens of complaints in their forums over it.

MrPants20 11-30-2011 10:23 PM

Seriously

Riley 12-01-2011 12:20 PM

Anyone else take them up on this deal? Curious to here from people that are interested in staying on topic.

Tinkerbell 12-01-2011 09:57 PM

Still using unlimited here... but I am happy Verizon is taking steps to please their customers!

tom_hanks 01-22-2012 03:11 AM

http://www.webcam-steamate.com/cookies/37/b/happy.gif

These days, smartphone data plans seem to be getting more and more restricted. Sprint Nextel Corp. (S) killed unlimited tethering and rolled out the most expensive tethering plans on the market for new customers. Verizon Wireless, a joint venture between Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) and Vodafone Group Plc. (LON:VOD), and AT&T Inc. (T) both killed their unlimited data plans, replacing them with expensive metered plans [1][2]. Even Deutsche Telekom AG's (ETRTE) T-Mobile USA has smacked users with a cap, though it at least merely throttles over-cap users, offering no fines for exceeding your cap.

That's why it's refreshing to see a bit of movement -- even if merely temporary -- in the other direction.

Verizon Wireless is reportedly preparing to offer a double data Christmas special. Customers who buy a new 4G smartphone will be eligible to get twice the normal data. $30 USD/month buys you a doubled 2GB (4GB), $50 USD gets you 10GB and $80 USD gets you 20GB of total LTE usage.

Now the sort of bad news is that apparently you have to specially request this deal and it’s going to be a very short-term promotion. And the possibly very bad news is that this may be a bait-and-switch -- Verizon has offered no promises of grandfathering new enrollees at the elevated rates for the remainder of their plans. In other words, this double data bonanza may only last a couple months, at which time the standard caps may roll in.

kyderr 01-23-2012 04:16 PM

My Experience with Verizon, is that they have the best network in my market, and they know it. They play on the uneducated consumer, and use a marketing technique of bait and switch. I remember a few years back they promoted that you could switch to any plan at any time. Then without any warning, they pulled it. I tried to change plans and I was told no, there would be a charge. I pitched a fit and they gave it, but I had to quote them their own adverizements and all that.

They are notorious for changing terms. They do not sell accessories to non-customers, and will get angry at the stores if you try. I once tried to return an item during the holiday extended return season. They denied it. I got so angry, I walked away. I then read the back of the receipt, and realized that they HAD to take it back. I walked back, showed him the text, and he took it back no problem. Goes to prove that they can do more for the customers, but the policy is, whatever you can get away with, do it to the customer to increase revenue.