PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jcable2 is keeping up the good workjcable2 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
verizion to get psp phone the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

just announced verizion will get the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play this month pre order started the 19th comes out the 26th of may. check out We have the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews
Old 05-21-2011, 01:20 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: verizion to get psp phone the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

lmao, great idea vzw.... that thing is worse idea than sprints echo.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:09 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
lmao, great idea vzw.... that thing is worse idea than sprints echo.
I'm still unsure of the Echo's purpose. But this may fill a niche for those that do a lot of gaming on their phone and don't want to take a psp everywhere they go, but they're sure to need extra batteries and chargers. Especially with so many younger kids carrying phones these days, not that I'm for that.

Fairly impressive specs and it states 3D gaming.
Introducing Xperia PLAY
Old 05-21-2011, 07:12 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
I'm still unsure of the Echo's purpose. But this may fill a niche for those that do a lot of gaming on their phone and don't want to take a psp everywhere they go, but they're sure to need extra batteries and chargers. Especially with so many younger kids carrying phones these days, not that I'm for that.

Fairly impressive specs and it states 3D gaming.
Introducing Xperia PLAY
still ugly as hell and my tablets specs work dandy for gaming.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
still ugly as hell and my tablets specs work dandy for gaming.
I'll also have to disagree with you. Hardcore gaming needs a controller, this offers that. It will give a true exp like a PSP/DS on a phone.

I'm sure tablets work fine for you but, touching a screen is not what I expect on True gaming.

I saw this is and I was kind of excited but, this phone is based off PS1 level games and has Android (it's known here that I am a WP7 supporter). I was dispointed that for a new phone they were only going to use PS1 level games vs. modern PS3 or even PS2 level.

If it was PS2/3 leven graphics and WP7, this would be almost my dream phone, well for my personal side, not business.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 05-22-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Threadstarter

jcable2 is keeping up the good workjcable2 is keeping up the good work

This is a step in the right direction, but I doubt you would see a psp phone with wp7 do to the xbox live, they need tho design their own os for it and also have it play all psp games, and work with the psn.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

It's hard for me to imagine who the target audience is?

Teens, tweens, young adults? That don't already have a PSP?

I know my brother in law isn't going to buy one for his 13 year old son (my nephew) and if I was on Verizon... I would not buy one for my 17 year old and if my 20 year old was on Verizon he sure the hell wouldn't get one and all three have PSPs.
p.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

john80hotkey is becoming a great contributor

I was wondering how well this phone was going to sell myself. I know people enjoy playing games on their phones but I never knew to the extent that they would see a market for a phone with gaming controls. most people just play games to pass the time hardcore gamers wont be pleased with the fact that the games are only on par with ps1 titles just steps above the games coming out on wp7/android/iphone.this isnt the first attempt at a compsany to produce a dedicated gaming device with phone functionality. The nokia engage was an attempt at that... it didnt go ver so well.. but maybe in this day and age it might be well welcome....somewhere

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News