PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Sprint TEP to increase to $8/month (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143142)

DavidinCT 04-30-2011 12:27 PM

Re: Sprint TEP to increase to $8/month

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 2092451)
Increase or not I won't cancel it, I drop my phone way to much to not have it....Mine doesn't fit in my pocket though :(

I guess it depends on how much it goes up, if they go up $15-20 a month, I would say give it up. I damage a phone to the point of needing repair once every year or 2.

At $20, put away in the bank each month, I would have almost $350 to buy a phone if I don't damage it for a about year and 1/2. We all know we can get a new/used 6-8 month old phone (to replace your current phone) for under $350 with out a contract.

Something to think about...but, at $8 a month, I'd hate it but, I'd pay it...

I'm with VZW now, my payment if I break a phone is still only $50 (I have not signed a new 2 year in a while)

info[]box1 05-01-2011 07:56 PM

Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

TEP is a must for me.. For the average customer you avoid the $35 service and repair fee. $100 Ded for lost, stolen or physically damaged phone. I have yet to use my TEP since day one minus a track ball issue with BlackBerry Tour resulting in a free replacement.

I will not drop TEP just save a few dollars.

AZTECHKA 06-03-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by info[]box1 (Post 2095026)
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

TEP is a must for me.. For the average customer you avoid the $35 service and repair fee. $100 Ded for lost, stolen or physically damaged phone. I have yet to use my TEP since day one minus a track ball issue with BlackBerry Tour resulting in a free replacement.

Thanks for reminding me of that... I broke my camera lens. I took it into the store and they told me 35 bucks to replace... I told them to F off... 35 to replace a camera lens and 100 to replace the phone???
But I forgot to tell them I have TEP. Going back to the Sprint store this weekend.

Thanks again bro.
p.

Sharkie405 06-04-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by info[]box1 (Post 2095026)

I could not agree more. While I understand that some people have issues, I have personally always been taken care of by Sprint through TEP. It is indeed a must have, even if it goes up a few bucks.