PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   [UPDATED]Sprint announcing Nexus S 4G, EVO 3D, and EVO View tablet at CTIA? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141532)

RidleyJ329 03-06-2011 05:19 PM

[UPDATED]Sprint announcing Nexus S 4G, EVO 3D, and EVO View tablet at CTIA?

Sprint announcing Nexus S 4G, EVO 3D, and EVO View tablet at CTIA? -- Engadget#

HTC EVO 3D, EVO View 4G specs revealed ahead of Sprint's CTIA announce? -- Engadget#

piscesjoey 03-06-2011 05:22 PM

Damn u just beat me to posting this lol

Epic 4G on Tapatalk

Dr.8820 03-06-2011 05:24 PM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Umm, no wp7 phones...

piscesjoey 03-06-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2065024)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Umm, no wp7 phones...

We won't see another WP7 offering from Sprint til maybe next year lol, & I'm not impressed with these so called forthcoming phones either

Epic 4G on Tapatalk

RidleyJ329 03-06-2011 06:07 PM

Re: Sprint announcing Nexus S 4G, EVO 3D, and EVO View tablet at CTIA?

Quote:

Originally Posted by piscesjoey (Post 2065022)
Damn u just beat me to posting this lol

Epic 4G on Tapatalk

lol. im really looking forward the EVO 3D... i hope it has some kinda dual core. i would almost think it would have to.... tegra 2 3D maybe??

Clipp 03-06-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RidleyJ329 (Post 2065036)
lol. im really looking forward the EVO 3D... i hope it has some kinda dual core. i would almost think it would have to.... tegra 2 3D maybe??

I'd be really surprised if HTC went dual-core... and unfortunately, no, it doesn't need it. The Sharp Galapagos glasses-free 3D Android has a 1GHz Snapdragon. Did you see HTC's smartphone lineup at Mobile World Congress last month? I have a feeling it will just have dual-cameras for 3D video, and no glasses-free 3d tech. That being said, i would be happy if it's anything like the Optimus 3D. I don't care if the world is ready for 3D... i am! heh.

And if the "Nexus S 4G" is simply a Nexus S with 4G then that would suck considering we know Samsung has better in their arsenal already (Galaxy S II).

Come on, Sprint, don't disappoint.

piscesjoey 03-06-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clipp (Post 2065055)
I'd be really surprised if HTC went dual-core... and unfortunately, no, it doesn't need it. The Sharp Galapagos glasses-free 3D Android has a 1GHz Snapdragon. Did you see HTC's smartphone lineup at Mobile World Congress last month? I have a feeling it will just have dual-cameras for 3D video, and no glasses-free 3d tech. That being said, i would be happy if it's anything like the Optimus 3D. I don't care if the world is ready for 3D... i am! heh.

And if the "Nexus S 4G" is simply a Nexus S with 4G then that would suck considering we know Samsung has better in their arsenal already (Galaxy S II).

Come on, Sprint, don't disappoint.

+1 on the Nexus S 4G, basically my Epic with upcoming CM7 & assuming that someone would get 4G working with CM is basically your Nexus S 4G right there lol, now if Sammy throws one of them new dual cores that they seem to be saving for the Galaxy S2 into the Nexus S 4G, hehe! I'm still keepin my Epic for another year though.

Epic 4G on Tapatalk

gTen 03-06-2011 08:23 PM

The Nexus S 4G is good for sprint..but I think its a little to late :/..I mean that should have been instead of the Echo announcement!

The HTC Flyer is a yawn..

Can't say anything about Evo 3d till specs are out :/..but where is the Epic 2?!?! ;) lol.

But for me personally I might end up skipping dual cores this year..I mean the OS doesn't support dual cores till honeycomb...so the benefits right now of a dual core are not optimum..sure developers can port it and etc..but I hear Quad cores are going to be out by end of the year..which probably is the time Google will release the multi core support on phones and maybe next iteration of Nexus series...plus by that time is when apps start being optimized for multi-core use..

piscesjoey 03-06-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2065096)
The Nexus S 4G is good for sprint..but I think its a little to late :/..I mean that should have been instead of the Echo announcement!

The HTC Flyer is a yawn..

Can't say anything about Evo 3d till specs are out :/..but where is the Epic 2?!?! ;) lol.

But for me personally I might end up skipping dual cores this year..I mean the OS doesn't support dual cores till honeycomb...so the benefits right now of a dual core are not optimum..sure developers can port it and etc..but I hear Quad cores are going to be out by end of the year..which probably is the time Google will release the multi core support on phones and maybe next iteration of Nexus series...plus by that time is when apps start being optimized for multi-core use..

Quadcore? Beejeezy, these days phones get outdated the minute they are announced LOL

gTen 03-06-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piscesjoey (Post 2065101)
Quadcore? Beejeezy, these days phones get outdated the minute they are announced LOL

yup..but thats how it should be..it should be like computers...where we get hardware as it comes out..not 2 years later...all we need now is for carriers to open up their networks and ability to build our own phones ;)

Nvidia is promising the Tegra 3 aka Kal-El...which is a quad-core and according to Nvidia is even more powerful then a core 2 duo :/ (but nvidia has been famous for inflating benchmarks so we will see..)

NVIDIA's Project Kal-El: Quad-Core A9s Coming to Smartphones/Tablets This Year - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News