PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 07:35 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Get Paid $$$ to turn your Android or iPhone off while driving..

SAFECELLapp Pays You to Drive Safely with Your Smartphone

500 miles = $5... i know i drive atleast 100miles a day... thats $5 every 5days for me.. thats $25-$30 a month... app does cost $12 to start though... well worth it if you drive alot..

==================================

iPhone and Android: Smartphones are the lastest horrible distraction in the car, whether you're texting or just trying to enter an address into its GPS. SAFECELLapp recognized this problem and designed a points-based program to let you earn prizes for driving safely.

SAFECELLapp simply tracks how many miles you've driven and rewards you one point per mile. Points buy you gift cards to popular retailers (like Amazon, Apple, Macy's, etc.). 500 points translate to $5 so it can take some time to earn your first reward, but if you've got a reasonably long commute every day you could rack up points pretty quick.

Answering a call will hurt your point earnings, but SAFECELLapp recognizes the need to make emergencies calls and will let you do so through a big emergency button. Although your GPS location is being tracked everywhere you go, SAFECELLapp ensures that you're the only one who has access to the details of your whereabouts.

SAFECELLapp costs a hefty $12 to get started, but the idea is that you'll earn it back in rewards through safe driving. It's available right now if you want to give it a try.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:36 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Get Paid $$$ to turn your Android or iPhone off while driving..

How does it know you are driving? and say not flying an airplane? or walking?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Lol...sounds like a pyramid scheme to me, that is if their only source of funding is the initial charge for new users....

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)
Old 10-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i see several other sites with great info...but no reviews :/

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-30-2010, 10:33 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
Lol...sounds like a pyramid scheme to me, that is if their only source of funding is the initial charge for new users....
that doesnt really make any sense... what developer DOESNT makes any money off an app, other than the initial cost of buying said app??? ie-"initial charge for new users".. thats the core of getting paid in the app world, new users buying your app.. lol
-----------------------

And i dunno howd theyd know it you were flying or walking.. i wondered that too... it has to use GPS to track your movement, so maybe for flight, it knows your 30,000 ft in the air, and doesnt count it.. for walking maybe it has a minimum MPH or something to tell your not in a car...

i dunno.. the article was new.. i assumed the app was pretty new as well.. youd think something like this would be busted already online if it was fake..

we have a few people with the old Navizon links, were you got Paid to use GPS.. so i dont see why this automatically should be dismissed as sketchy...

i think its worth checking into... i only have XDAndroid, so im not Full Time, but im on the rocker with upgrading one of my 3 lines, so soon enough ill be trying this out myself... its 12bucks, if its a wash, oh well, it was only $12 lol
Old 10-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

writing now maybe we'll get feedback! other sites haven't yet. I think it's a great thing.....
Old 10-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I just meant it resembles a pyramid scheme in that it pay users back. I guess it doesn't fit the "get everone you know in under you" part. I guess I am just generally suspicious of anything that is more complicated than a straight pay for service type of deal.

Last edited by wesscoggin; 10-31-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:30 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

But in navigon you are getting money based on results..on this you can fake your gps readings....and make it show you constantly moving and etc...

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News