PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 11:56 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
here comes the Arsenal of WP7 Phones... 5 more here!! with Pics and Info

HTC Announces Five Device Windows Phone 7 Line-up - pics and info

The five new HTC smartphones will be available through mobile operators and retailers across major European, Asia-Pacific and North American markets from late October.
North America
  • HTC 7 Surround will be available exclusively in the United States with AT&T as the HTC Surround.
  • HTC HD7 will be exclusively available in the United States with T-Mobile.
  • HTC 7 Pro will be available in the first half of 2011 with Sprint.
  • HTC 7 Surround will be available exclusively with Telus in Canada.

also the Dell Lightning is gettin renamed to the Venue Pro Dell Lightning Gets Official As The Venue Pro For T-Mobile

and a bit more Nine Windows Phone 7 Devices Launching in US This Year - doesnt name any but has pics of the devices..

and the 3 that ATT launched today Windows Phone - Wireless from AT&T
videos in action
http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/l...hands-on-video
http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/s...hands-on-video

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 10-11-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: added more links...again lol
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:41 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: here comes the Arsenal of WP7 Phones... 5 more here!! with Pics and Info

Waiting not fun....
Old 10-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Nice.. Too bad all but the HD 7 have screens less than 3.8". Cant wait to see what the other manufacturers release.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 10-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Is it just me or is anybody else just not that impressed with WP7 so far? Such a lame square stick figure like GUI. I wanna like microsoft again, but it just seems like they are a step behind other competitors. Also those phones specs are not even that impressive to me. You know me and I was a die hard Windows mobile fan, I guess it was such a hobby to tweak it and make it do what I wanted, but I got to tell you jumping ship to Android had no regrets from me as far as performance and stability, I mean really, what makes WP7 stand out from other OS's? Im still waiting for something from WP7 that makes me say, damn I want that!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Nice.. Too bad all but the HD 7 have screens less than 3.8"...
And here I sit, waiting & hoping for even smaller screen size, better pocket fit, less massive battery, ... Oh well.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Wow they all suck! 5megapixels? cmon
Old 10-12-2010, 09:58 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Is it just me or is anybody else just not that impressed with WP7 so far? Such a lame square stick figure like GUI. I wanna like microsoft again, but it just seems like they are a step behind other competitors. Also those phones specs are not even that impressive to me. You know me and I was a die hard Windows mobile fan, I guess it was such a hobby to tweak it and make it do what I wanted, but I got to tell you jumping ship to Android had no regrets from me as far as performance and stability, I mean really, what makes WP7 stand out from other OS's? Im still waiting for something from WP7 that makes me say, damn I want that!
+1,000,000,000 im with you man... ive loved winMO for 3 years.. i anxiously await MS to impress me.. but even if i was on ATT, i wouldnt be buyin a WP7 soon... i want to like it, but it just looks ugly as all ugly to me..

i love technology, especially phones.. i love to show off what i can do to others..... just doesnt seem like WP7 is much to show off though..

i'llhave to see how development plays out... who knows what Themes can change thus far.. or what mod can/will be written t totally start changing things...

but if its unhackable ill never own one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
Wow they all suck! 5megapixels? cmon
i saw an article on 16mp cameras on phone the other day... whats the point?? how you gonna Pic Mail that pic to any normal cell phone is beyond me.. a 16mp pic would be several MBs in size even after the standard comression pic mail gives us.. you wouldnt even be able to send them...

even on real cameras, anything over 5-8mp is just a waste unless your profesional
Old 10-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

the press conference impressed me a bit more check the news page if you missed it

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
but if its unhackable ill never own one!
AMEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i saw an article on 16mp cameras on phone the other day... whats the point?? how you gonna Pic Mail that pic to any normal cell phone is beyond me.. a 16mp pic would be several MBs in size even after the standard comression pic mail gives us.. you wouldnt even be able to send them...

even on real cameras, anything over 5-8mp is just a waste unless your profesional
Just because you have millions of pixels does not mean you would have to take pics with that to MMS them, you could always run at lesser pixels for picmail...then when you want HD photos you could just switch back over to higher mp count

ETA: So are you saying you are happy with a measly 5MP?
Old 10-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
AMEN!

Just because you have millions of pixels does not mean you would have to take pics with that to MMS them, you could always run at lesser pixels for picmail...then when you want HD photos you could just switch back over to higher mp count

ETA: So are you saying you are happy with a measly 5MP?
5 or 8 Megapixels is definitely sufficient for taking high quality pictures, unless you want blow them up for things like huge posters. Even if there was a 50 megapixel camera on your cell phone, guess what it still is gonna look just as shitty without the proper lens to interpret the picture correctly. The main reason why its hard to get great pictures from cell phones is mostly due to the tiny lens.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News