PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   here comes the Arsenal of WP7 Phones... 5 more here!! with Pics and Info (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135243)

boredandtattooed 10-11-2010 11:56 AM

here comes the Arsenal of WP7 Phones... 5 more here!! with Pics and Info

HTC Announces Five Device Windows Phone 7 Line-up - pics and info

The five new HTC smartphones will be available through mobile operators and retailers across major European, Asia-Pacific and North American markets from late October.
North America
  • HTC 7 Surround will be available exclusively in the United States with AT&T as the HTC Surround.
  • HTC HD7 will be exclusively available in the United States with T-Mobile.
  • HTC 7 Pro will be available in the first half of 2011 with Sprint.
  • HTC 7 Surround will be available exclusively with Telus in Canada.

also the Dell Lightning is gettin renamed to the Venue Pro Dell Lightning Gets Official As The Venue Pro For T-Mobile

and a bit more Nine Windows Phone 7 Devices Launching in US This Year - doesnt name any but has pics of the devices..

and the 3 that ATT launched today Windows Phone - Wireless from AT&T
videos in action
http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/l...hands-on-video
http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/s...hands-on-video

w7excursion 10-11-2010 01:41 PM

Re: here comes the Arsenal of WP7 Phones... 5 more here!! with Pics and Info

Waiting not fun....

BooDaddy 10-11-2010 01:43 PM

Nice.. Too bad all but the HD 7 have screens less than 3.8". Cant wait to see what the other manufacturers release.

Hypnotic2010 10-11-2010 02:02 PM

Is it just me or is anybody else just not that impressed with WP7 so far? Such a lame square stick figure like GUI. I wanna like microsoft again, but it just seems like they are a step behind other competitors. Also those phones specs are not even that impressive to me. You know me and I was a die hard Windows mobile fan, I guess it was such a hobby to tweak it and make it do what I wanted, but I got to tell you jumping ship to Android had no regrets from me as far as performance and stability, I mean really, what makes WP7 stand out from other OS's? Im still waiting for something from WP7 that makes me say, damn I want that!:-({|=

MrGoodtunes 10-11-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BooDaddy (Post 1971090)
Nice.. Too bad all but the HD 7 have screens less than 3.8"...

And here I sit, waiting & hoping for even smaller screen size, better pocket fit, less massive battery, ... Oh well.

beefcakeb0 10-11-2010 07:43 PM

Wow they all suck! 5megapixels? cmon

boredandtattooed 10-12-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 (Post 1971107)
Is it just me or is anybody else just not that impressed with WP7 so far? Such a lame square stick figure like GUI. I wanna like microsoft again, but it just seems like they are a step behind other competitors. Also those phones specs are not even that impressive to me. You know me and I was a die hard Windows mobile fan, I guess it was such a hobby to tweak it and make it do what I wanted, but I got to tell you jumping ship to Android had no regrets from me as far as performance and stability, I mean really, what makes WP7 stand out from other OS's? Im still waiting for something from WP7 that makes me say, damn I want that!:-({|=

+1,000,000,000 im with you man... ive loved winMO for 3 years.. i anxiously await MS to impress me.. but even if i was on ATT, i wouldnt be buyin a WP7 soon... i want to like it, but it just looks ugly as all ugly to me..

i love technology, especially phones.. i love to show off what i can do to others..... just doesnt seem like WP7 is much to show off though..

i'llhave to see how development plays out... who knows what Themes can change thus far.. or what mod can/will be written t totally start changing things...

but if its unhackable ill never own one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 (Post 1971349)
Wow they all suck! 5megapixels? cmon

i saw an article on 16mp cameras on phone the other day... whats the point?? how you gonna Pic Mail that pic to any normal cell phone is beyond me.. a 16mp pic would be several MBs in size even after the standard comression pic mail gives us.. you wouldnt even be able to send them...

even on real cameras, anything over 5-8mp is just a waste unless your profesional

GirlGoneGeek 10-12-2010 11:07 AM

the press conference impressed me a bit more :) check the news page if you missed it

beefcakeb0 10-12-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1971706)
but if its unhackable ill never own one!

AMEN!

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1971706)
i saw an article on 16mp cameras on phone the other day... whats the point?? how you gonna Pic Mail that pic to any normal cell phone is beyond me.. a 16mp pic would be several MBs in size even after the standard comression pic mail gives us.. you wouldnt even be able to send them...

even on real cameras, anything over 5-8mp is just a waste unless your profesional

Just because you have millions of pixels does not mean you would have to take pics with that to MMS them, you could always run at lesser pixels for picmail...then when you want HD photos you could just switch back over to higher mp count:dontknow:

ETA: So are you saying you are happy with a measly 5MP?

Hypnotic2010 10-13-2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 (Post 1972377)
AMEN!

Just because you have millions of pixels does not mean you would have to take pics with that to MMS them, you could always run at lesser pixels for picmail...then when you want HD photos you could just switch back over to higher mp count:dontknow:

ETA: So are you saying you are happy with a measly 5MP?

5 or 8 Megapixels is definitely sufficient for taking high quality pictures, unless you want blow them up for things like huge posters. Even if there was a 50 megapixel camera on your cell phone, guess what it still is gonna look just as shitty without the proper lens to interpret the picture correctly. The main reason why its hard to get great pictures from cell phones is mostly due to the tiny lens.