PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Its Official, No CDMA VAriant of Windows Phone 7 till mid 2011!!!!

Microsoft is really really late to the party with WP7. Its a shame, they could have cornered a huge part of the market had they got in a little sooner.
To many folks are jumping ship to Android.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 09-20-2010, 01:38 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Doesn't mean they have to stay there . I use the wm and ondroid now.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Linux Administrator

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

I've been dual booting my TP2 for a while, but would love to have a nice stable and 100% Android build for it. I would use it all the time.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

As for Windows Phone 7....I guess it's all how you look at it. As for me, I am a little ticked off about the subject but, I am one who wants the newest of the newest, within reason (for example, I have a TP2 but, have no reason to move to another 6.5 based phone, because I would not be getting much extra, even though I think I hate the TP2).

Others can look at it in another way. The GSM people are big time public beta testers, people will talk here and to MS about things they hate. They will get this data and use it for a updated, next build of WP7, that people will see on CDMA based phones (GSM maybe by a rom update). So when you get your CDMA phone, a lot of the bugs will be worked out and it should be a better smoother OS right from the start.

Just think, CDMA users might have CUT/PASTE enabled from the start...

It should be better assuming Verizon/Sprint does not hack the hell out of the phone and disable 1/2 of it's features....

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

All I know is, I'm going to have a dual boot 2.2/winpho7 NAND flash on my HD2 before anyone sees a CDMA release (hopefully)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

launching one phone, only on gsm, in one country, on the nations 4th largest carrier sure didnt stop android from dominating the mobile market! im not saying wp7 will be as successful as andorid or not but seriously you guys act as if they are destined to fail becuase of no cdma at launch! if android can blow up like it did with such a small launch there is no reason to think microsoft cant do the same or better with a global launch/multiple carriers/multiple oems at launch. seriously guys get off the cdma fanboyism schtick. oh yeah that fruit phone is gsm only to, seems like thats going pretty well for them...
Old 09-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Linux Administrator

The point I was making is that they are a little to late to make a dent with the new OS. By that time Android will have captured a gue slice of the market, and most of those folks will be previous WinMo users that have bailed.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Back

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

android started at 0% too, just like iOS and every othey mobile os. if microsoft can do it right this time theres no reason they couldnt be where the other big two are now in a couple years. Im not saying it will happen but its way too early to tell. I really love android (and my iPad too :P) but i like how far wp7 has come since first saw it and im willing to give it a chance
Old 09-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Linux Administrator

yes, but when andorid started there really was no competition. WinMo 6.5 was tired and very dated. Iphone was locked to one carrier. So for the new "generation" of smartphones, there really wasnt any other OS. Thats why Android exploded. Now, when WinPhone7 launches, it is going to have to go up against Android, and more than likely iOS since apple will probably be letting iPhone on all carriers by then.

Plus, Android is free. That right there is a great incentive for manufacturers to use it. I am going to bet WinPhone 7 isnt going to make a big splash. It has a very very hard up hill battle to fight.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Back

all good points, not disagreeing with any of them man. i guess im just more optimisitc than most here. its def. gonna be a tough one for m$ but theres no need to write the obituary already i dont think.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Tags
cdma, gsm only, ms, windows phone, wp7