PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 09:50 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Epic 4G Pre-Order Tomorrow

Edit 3: "An anonymous source of SDX-Developers just got confirmation through official email from Samsung and Sprint Corporate that advocate devices to be rolled out starting 8/9/2010. They were originally intended to be rolled out 8/6/2010, but was changed due to a “minor delay” they did not disclose. The August 20th release date was officially confirmed as well!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Looks like BGR says that it will be released on August 11th

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...to-open-early/

Edit2: Some Best Buys are already taking pre-orders for this...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got an email from a source with info about the pre-order and it looks legit..more then one source stated this is real as well...

S|P customers - 8/5/2010
Regular customers - 8/6/2010

And Pre-Orders end on 8/17/2010..(The following is an assumption)this means that the Aug 19-20 seems like the release date!

*drool*

here is a transcript of the email: (I have a screenshot as well but can't release it sorry :/)

On Thursday, August 5th - if you are a Sprint Premiere customer, you should receive an e-mail containing a link to Pre-Order your Samsung Epic4G
Then, on Friday, August 6th - the general public will receive an email containing the link.

Here are some guidelines for the pre-orders:
-Only one Samsung can be reserved at a time
-Pre-orders will continues through 8/17/2010 (NOTE: The reservations may be closed early if inventory is depleted)
-No Money, Bank, or Credit Card information will be required to reserve a device
- all reserved devices MUST be picked up by noon on the day following the Samsung Epic launch or they WILL BE CANCELLED
-Reservations will be made through sprint.com/ Epic4G

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 08-06-2010 at 03:49 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:22 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Epic 4G Pre-Order Tomorrow

pimp!

Old 08-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

just when i am getting my evo! maybe i can get this device instead

Old 08-05-2010, 12:16 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
just when i am getting my evo! maybe i can get this device instead
Well this device should definitely be better...the Epic 4g runs circles around the EVO...and so far is the only device to out-spec the iphone 4 >.>...making it the best device on the market
Old 08-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Does anyone know if this device will be subject to Sprints extra $10 fee that was dubbed the "EVO coolness tax"?

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 08-05-2010, 11:10 AM
ALi
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Converted to Evo-ism
Carrier: Left VZW Moved to Sprint

ALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The Epic is Pure Ugly!!!!!! It will never touch the EVO. It has less Mega pixs on the camera and no kickstand to show off.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TripleAgent is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALi View Post
The Epic is Pure Ugly!!!!!! It will never touch the EVO. It has less Mega pixs on the camera and no kickstand to show off.
SMH. I suggest you do some research on what makes a camera good, and if you love the kickstand so much, have at it lol.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Quote:
LOL!! You cant be serious? One word: KEYBOARD!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:42 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
lol...the camera sensor on the Epic is A LOT better then the EVO...and as for showing off..a Super AMOLED screen is more the enough for a show off
Old 08-05-2010, 11:52 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

mega pixels arent everything. i dont know samsungs reputation on built in cameras, but i do know htcs' rep on quality cameras is lacking. 3 htc devices and all of them have taken sub par pictures.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News