PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Epic 4G Pre-Order Tomorrow (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=130788)

gTen 08-04-2010 09:50 PM

Epic 4G Pre-Order Tomorrow

Edit 3: "An anonymous source of SDX-Developers just got confirmation through official email from Samsung and Sprint Corporate that advocate devices to be rolled out starting 8/9/2010. They were originally intended to be rolled out 8/6/2010, but was changed due to a “minor delay” they did not disclose. The August 20th release date was officially confirmed as well!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Looks like BGR says that it will be released on August 11th

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...to-open-early/

Edit2: Some Best Buys are already taking pre-orders for this...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got an email from a source with info about the pre-order and it looks legit..more then one source stated this is real as well...

S|P customers - 8/5/2010
Regular customers - 8/6/2010

And Pre-Orders end on 8/17/2010..(The following is an assumption)this means that the Aug 19-20 seems like the release date!

*drool*

here is a transcript of the email: (I have a screenshot as well but can't release it sorry :/)

On Thursday, August 5th - if you are a Sprint Premiere customer, you should receive an e-mail containing a link to Pre-Order your Samsung Epic4G
Then, on Friday, August 6th - the general public will receive an email containing the link.

Here are some guidelines for the pre-orders:
-Only one Samsung can be reserved at a time
-Pre-orders will continues through 8/17/2010 (NOTE: The reservations may be closed early if inventory is depleted)
-No Money, Bank, or Credit Card information will be required to reserve a device
- all reserved devices MUST be picked up by noon on the day following the Samsung Epic launch or they WILL BE CANCELLED
-Reservations will be made through sprint.com/ Epic4G

austin420 08-04-2010 11:22 PM

Re: Epic 4G Pre-Order Tomorrow

pimp!

TweetyBear 08-04-2010 11:37 PM

just when i am getting my evo! maybe i can get this device instead :)

gTen 08-05-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweetyBear (Post 1899238)
just when i am getting my evo! maybe i can get this device instead :)

Well this device should definitely be better...the Epic 4g runs circles around the EVO...and so far is the only device to out-spec the iphone 4 >.>...making it the best device on the market :)

BooDaddy 08-05-2010 10:02 AM

Does anyone know if this device will be subject to Sprints extra $10 fee that was dubbed the "EVO coolness tax"?

ALi 08-05-2010 11:10 AM

The Epic is Pure Ugly!!!!!! It will never touch the EVO. It has less Mega pixs on the camera and no kickstand to show off.

TripleAgent 08-05-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALi (Post 1899703)
The Epic is Pure Ugly!!!!!! It will never touch the EVO. It has less Mega pixs on the camera and no kickstand to show off.

SMH. I suggest you do some research on what makes a camera good, and if you love the kickstand so much, have at it lol.

BooDaddy 08-05-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

LOL!! You cant be serious? One word: KEYBOARD!

gTen 08-05-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

lol...the camera sensor on the Epic is A LOT better then the EVO...and as for showing off..a Super AMOLED screen is more the enough for a show off ;)

austin420 08-05-2010 11:52 AM

mega pixels arent everything. i dont know samsungs reputation on built in cameras, but i do know htcs' rep on quality cameras is lacking. 3 htc devices and all of them have taken sub par pictures.