PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 12:23 PM
ALi
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Converted to Evo-ism
Carrier: Left VZW Moved to Sprint

ALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: Epic 4G Pre-Order Tomorrow

LOL.... All of you are probably right....But the Evo does look better. Style is still important to me. The epic could have atleast had the tilt feature built in.

ALi
Old 08-05-2010, 12:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Epic 4G Pre-Order Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALi View Post
LOL.... All of you are probably right....But the Evo does look better. Style is still important to me. The epic could have atleast had the tilt feature built in.

ALi
Well you have to see one on hand to compare...the screen renders make it look crappy..but if you see it on video it looks ok...and the specs of the Epic is either equal or 2x better then the Evo

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I don't know if I could ditch my TP2 for a Samsung device... Never been too fond of them.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:53 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomango View Post
I don't know if I could ditch my TP2 for a Samsung device... Never been too fond of them.
Well this time around Samsung plans to make this one a "premium brand"..so far they have made low level devices..this will be their first "high level" device..
Old 08-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well this time around Samsung plans to make this one a "premium brand"..so far they have made low level devices..this will be their first "high level" device..
Yeah I guess we will see. I'm still kind of skeptical. I wish the Evo had a keyboard
Old 08-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

My brother has a samsung Vibrate and its a nice and solid phone, faster than my tp2.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:11 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
My brother has a samsung Vibrate and its a nice and solid phone, faster than my tp2.
Well yeah...the processor in it is 2x that of an EVO..so you can say its 4x-5x that of a TP2...not to mention more ram...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Can't wait for this device to drop on sprint.mostly wanna see and feel the keyboard, really I don't miss keyboard at all so it has to be best keyboard I've had on a phone for me to buy it.I think samsung will change there name with this phone, but let me say galaxy doesn't run circles around the evo.All these new devices on the market do couple things better than others but no one phone is killing the competition.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
Can't wait for this device to drop on sprint.mostly wanna see and feel the keyboard, really I don't miss keyboard at all so it has to be best keyboard I've had on a phone for me to buy it.I think samsung will change there name with this phone, but let me say galaxy doesn't run circles around the evo.All these new devices on the market do couple things better than others but no one phone is killing the competition.

Well as far as processor it does...remember that the snapdragon was first made in 2006...the hummingbird was made in 2009...it is not strange for a 2009 processor to run circles around a 2006 one...BUT...it depends on what you do obviously...my e6600 pc runs solitaire just as fast as my core i7 pc...so yes it does run circles but whether it will get a chance to show this potential depends on your use...

for the average user only increase you might see is generally battery life...but if you start running processor or graphic intensive tasks you will start to notice a difference...

But better specs doesn't mean squat if sprint doesn't promote it..as average users will not show up to buy it :/..with the level of promotion and the delays its definitely not killing anything lol
Old 08-07-2010, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Sprint isn't promoting much if at all but samsung promotes the galaxy series so it will get some heat.only difference that an average user will be able to tell is when it comes to gaming imo.other than that I don't know what else can be so processor or graphic intense.im truly jealous of that super amoled though.its a beauty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well as far as processor it does...remember that the snapdragon was first made in 2006...the hummingbird was made in 2009...it is not strange for a 2009 processor to run circles around a 2006 one...BUT...it depends on what you do obviously...my e6600 pc runs solitaire just as fast as my core i7 pc...so yes it does run circles but whether it will get a chance to show this potential depends on your use...

for the average user only increase you might see is generally battery life...but if you start running processor or graphic intensive tasks you will start to notice a difference...

But better specs doesn't mean squat if sprint doesn't promote it..as average users will not show up to buy it :/..with the level of promotion and the delays its definitely not killing anything lol

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News