PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 04:10 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: VZW Killing Data Plans By End Of The Month

shit, SPrint started out as the only company with unlimited data didnt they?? everyone else followed suit..

one of the posts above is exactly right, Sprint has more band and spectrum than anyone else.. thats why they know they can build out 4G AND LTE and not sweat it.. However if Sprint had the 10million+ customers its behind on all the fore-runners, Sprint network might seem bogged down then too... Sprint runs great because it does have all that band and spectrum and millions and millions less subscribers...

none of that matters anyways... there was a study last year i believe that said at any given time cell phone carriers have less than 10% of their networks being used at any one time... if and when it peaks to over 15-20% range the networks start to slow and drag... in theory, WE could cripple any Carrier, or all carriers, for a day or two if someway WE could organize a massive "usage day" where every user comsumes as much bandwith,data,texting, and phone calls as possible - they networks would crumble before breakfast...

idk... +1 for Sprint hopefully not limiting data...... but do remeber CITA, Dan Hesse said in 2 years, itll be bucket data plans and thats it.. no more minutes, txt plans, etc- plans will solely be on how much data youll consume and minutes, text, etc will just be included and unlimited standards..
Old 09-19-2010, 02:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
dont agree, sprint seems to have mind set of being first or only to do some things imo so if there the only company to have unlim. it could bring lots of new peeps there way.
Not trying to start a fight or anyting but, if your talking about unlimited voice/data/text for $69.99 that sprint and verizon offers, I read a lot about it.

Sprint is calls MOBILE only (any Mobile phone unlimited) with data/text, verizon is Unlimited any number in the US (land or cell) but, Data/text extra. At least they were.

Not sure that vzw is the better deal here but, it was a very nice way to market it, with Sprint, you can call your sisters cell phone all you want but, if you call your mom on her home phone, you will get charged. With VZW you can call them both unlimited but, if you send them an e-mail or text or picture message, you will get charged extra.

Is one cheaper than the other, depends on how you use use/call, all I think it was is a great marketing tool, any way you go, you could get screwed on it.

They are a business to make money, so if everyone else does it and they are making money off it, there will be a way in time that Sprint will follow suit. There are plenty of horror stories about both on this site.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 09-19-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intercept

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to L21Matt

I hardly even call people with landlines anymore, most of my friends and people i call have mobile.. Any Mobile, Any Time, and unlimited data/txt for 69.99 , 7pm nite time mins... makes sense to me. If i need to make a long landline call during peak, i use my landline phone.

I'm glad i switched to sprint this past spring. I missed At$t at first, because that is who i had since day 1, cell one, att, cingular, att.... now sprint, and not gonna look back..

Last edited by L21Matt; 09-21-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

monkeyboy is keeping up the good workmonkeyboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Not sure that vzw is the better deal here but, it was a very nice way to market it, with Sprint, you can call your sisters cell phone all you want but, if you call your mom on her home phone, you will get charged. With VZW you can call them both unlimited but, if you send them an e-mail or text or picture message, you will get charged extra.
Of course with Sprint, since it includes unlimited data, you can call your mom on Skype or some other VOIP all you want... I think it is obvious that, all other things being equal (which they are of course NOT, like coverage), that unlimited data is much more useful and versatile than unlimited voice... Do you really talk to your mom more than DAYTIME 500mins a month, in addition to unlimited N&W (starting at 7pm, not 9pm) of talking to mom?

Last edited by monkeyboy; 09-21-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intercept

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to L21Matt

My mom was just introduced to the wonders of wireless cellular technology, (t-mobile, so it's not very wonderful) even the parents are free to talk to... D'oh.. can't make excuses of limited mins anymore to my mom.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
Of course with Sprint, since it includes unlimited data, you can call your mom on Skype or some other VOIP all you want... I think it is obvious that, all other things being equal (which they are of course NOT, like coverage), that unlimited data is much more useful and versatile than unlimited voice... Do you really talk to your mom more than DAYTIME 500mins a month, in addition to unlimited N&W (starting at 7pm, not 9pm) of talking to mom?
I used "Mom" as an example, there is always someone, faimily, friend, or someone who just gets bad cell service who you need to call their landline phone. I know at least 2 people that I talk to a lot during a month that their cells don't work for crap (Verizon and At&t users) in their homes and a bunch of these calls are during the day (not all).

Also, most people (people who do not love tech), will not jump on Skype or another VOIP option and that always leads to a call first anyway so what's the point ?

Just saying, The plans are both different, it all depends on how you use your phone but, they seam pretty equal on some aspects, just depending on what your needs are. If you call all cells, then Sprint is good for you, if you call everyone, buisness, landline, cell, and everything inbetween, Verizon's unlimited might be better for you. The plans can be limited for some people...

Last edited by DavidinCT; 09-22-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:04 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Verizon CEO confirms plans for tiered data pricing -- Engadget

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News