PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Epic 4g Is Official!!!!! (Galaxy S Pro)

Anyone want to take a stab on release dates? Q3, Q4 or later?

I don't even know why the announce a phone and not give a ballpark on when to expect it.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:51 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
Anyone want to take a stab on release dates? Q3, Q4 or later?

I don't even know why the announce a phone and not give a ballpark on when to expect it.
Sprint said to expect it this summer...so based on that and what we know that it will be after july 11th but can be as late as september (when the TP2 came out around)

I'm keeping a list of all the possible release dates/info for each carrier of the Galaxy S series here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125524

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-30-2010, 03:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

ink718 is keeping up the good workink718 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718

You guys think this will be a dual chipped? CDMA/GSM?

Don't forget to say thanx! ;]
Old 06-30-2010, 04:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

camscell is becoming a great contributor

damnit! I think I'll stick with my EVO its sexier and swype is awesome so I dont miss my Tp2 hardware keyboard anymore
EVO
Old 06-30-2010, 09:16 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink718 View Post
You guys think this will be a dual chipped? CDMA/GSM?
The leaked info points to a sim slot..but sprint has not announced anything about it..so either of the following is possible:

1) Sprint still did not release all the info

2) Only the demo unit had it but was removed in the revision

3) It is there but Sprint does not plan to use off the bat and will have it available at a later time with a firmware update.

4) Its there cause samsung included it but Sprint does not plan to use it thus requiring the community o do their thing to get it to work.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint tp2
Carrier: sprint

only1penny is a n00b

so i'm so happy with my tpro2, but very interested in android. i have 2 upgrades available and another in jan (3 lines). i'm gonna give the evo 30 days and the epic 30 days on the trial. i just want to know i can go back to back so i need to know when it's gonna come out. i wish they'd give us something better than "this summer"
Old 07-10-2010, 02:01 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1penny View Post
so i'm so happy with my tpro2, but very interested in android. i have 2 upgrades available and another in jan (3 lines). i'm gonna give the evo 30 days and the epic 30 days on the trial. i just want to know i can go back to back so i need to know when it's gonna come out. i wish they'd give us something better than "this summer"
There is this rumor for a bit more specific dates:

Quote:
Verizon and Sprint did not announce dates or pricing. A Samsung representative said all four companies would have phones by late July or early August. AT&T, Verizon and Sprint all said Samsung had not yet told them when they would be allowed to start selling their phones.
http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...id_smartphones
Old 07-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This phone has Agps and not gps. So you will be dependent on the wireless network for gps.

Please don't forget to thank me.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:41 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
This phone has Agps and not gps. So you will be dependent on the wireless network for gps.
What are you talking about? all phones so far had AGPS....
Old 07-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

why would anyone want a inferior phone to the EVO? i mean it has a slide out keyboard other then that it is nothing.Smaller screen and a company that sucks with service and signal on there phones.

I mean the name samsung lone makes this phone less but hey to each his own.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News