PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Massive iPhone flaw revealed - with video (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126585)

austin420 06-27-2010 12:58 PM

Re: Massive iPhone flaw revealed - with video

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1840004)
saw the fix posted on google search.

those would help if you could also touch the screen at the same time with a gloved hand!

MrGoodtunes 06-27-2010 08:11 PM

You just sort of pretend you're the reincarnation of Michael Jackson, and only use ONE glove, on the hand you hold iPhone in. Leave other hand gloveless so touches work.

MrObvious 07-01-2010 01:59 PM

Actually if I had the phone I would get a case anyway because I wouldn't trust my butterfingers to keep it into my hands.

austin420 07-02-2010 12:49 PM

today they announced that it doesnt matter if the bars drop, the high bars were just an illusion anyway.

Apple said that's the reason behind widespread complaints from users that the latest model, iPhone 4, can show a sudden plunge in signal strength when they hold it in a way that covers a small black strip on one edge of the phone. Users online have jokingly called this the "death grip" for the phone.
That drop seems exaggerated because the phone can wrongly display four or five bars of signal strength when it shouldn't, Apple said.
"Their big drop in bars is because their high bars were never real in the first place," the company said in a letter to users.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Apples....html?x=0&.v=1

Dr.8820 07-02-2010 01:06 PM

i was gonna post that earlier...but how idiotic can a company really be? steve says no problem with the phone, we were just tricking you into believing you had more coverage than you actually did..but all is well now! and the isheep with dropped calls will say "well, if steve said it's not a problem..." lmao!

redd214 07-02-2010 02:01 PM

Wtf?! that is insane. their respones are becoming more arrogant by the day. i cant believe they wont just come out and say yes there is an issue, we are sorry instead of these smoke and mirrors tactics and claiming that they are just "internet rumors"

BooDaddy 07-02-2010 08:30 PM

I cant believe the amount of fodder that comes from Apple. Whats more surprising is the fact that the apple-tards still buy this junk.

jbearamus 07-03-2010 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1849043)
i was gonna post that earlier...but how idiotic can a company really be? steve says no problem with the phone, we were just tricking you into believing you had more coverage than you actually did..but all is well now! and the isheep with dropped calls will say "well, if steve said it's not a problem..." lmao!

to them its better than admitting a hardware design flaw, with coverage they can blame att and say its not their fault or with software they can just "fix it" with an OTA update, but if there's something fundamentally wrong with the hardware, theres a mistake that apple would have to own up to

x10guy 07-04-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BooDaddy (Post 1849607)
I cant believe the amount of fodder that comes from Apple. Whats more surprising is the fact that the apple-tards still buy this junk.

That antenna issue is really a surprising gaffe for Apple but whose shoes would you rather be in?
Apple: they still managed to sell a "paltry" 1.7 iphones in the first 3 days of launch.

or Microsoft who abruptly canceled the Kin, who earlier discontinued Windows Mobile, and is quickly disappearing from the smartphone market... unless Windows 7 Phone is a hit (that's a BIG if).

As a lifelong Microsoft Windows Mobile user (all the way back to Windows CE) I have to say that Microsoft is really the biggest loser. They had the market to themselves for like 10 years and then in a matter of 2 years lost it completely. I don't know who is running the mobile unit for Microsoft but they completely blew it.

x10guy 07-04-2010 10:36 PM

Also forgot to mention that T-mobile recently announced that they are stopping sales of their Sidekick handsets. These once popular phones were doomed when the Microsoft server that they used suffered a MAJOR outage where user's data was lost back in October. That essentially sealed Sidekicks fate and T-mobile finally pulled the plug.

I'm definitely NOT a Microsoft hater (since I use their products so faithfully) but I'm definitely convinced that in every possibly way they have totally blown it in the mobile arena. Yes, the Apple antenna gaffe is embarassing, but it really pales in comparison to the misteps Microsoft has made.