PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Galaxy S Pro Spec Leaked (Possible world phone?!?!) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125906)

gTen 06-20-2010 10:29 PM

Galaxy S Pro Spec Leaked (Possible world phone?!?!)

http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/...laxy-s-pro.png

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...s-begin-emerge

Here is a summary of those specs that stand out or were in question:

It does have 512mb ram

It also has a 4 inch screen

and there is indications of a SIM slot..so possibly a world phone!!!

So this would make this the first android world phone....that also has wimax...*drool*

Carla 06-20-2010 11:40 PM

Re: Galaxy S Pro Spec Leaked (Possible world phone?!?!)

Sounds really nice actually, I am just not a fan of Samsung phones anymore :(

gTen 06-21-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1827026)
Sounds really nice actually, I am just not a fan of Samsung phones anymore :(

There is always 30 day trial period sprint has..but I'm also wondering if this phone will do 4g better then the EVO as well..since the one rolling out a lot of the markets 4G is samsung...so how much favor will they incorporate toward their own devices >.>

Whats wrong with samsung btw?

Carla 06-21-2010 12:23 AM

Well we don't have 4G yet so I don't care about that LOL. My latest Samsung phone experience was the Moment, and it just wasn't what I thought it should have been based on specs and performance. The KB slider got loose fairly quickly (as far as twisting), Samsung didn't seem to support any type of development for the phone which I didn't like. I dunno, I have just never been happy with one. I gave them another chance with the Moment and it just wasn't what made me happy. It's all personal reasons, some may disagree with me, and to them I say be happy and buy another one :)

gTen 06-21-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1827083)
Well we don't have 4G yet so I don't care about that LOL. My latest Samsung phone experience was the Moment, and it just wasn't what I thought it should have been based on specs and performance. The KB slider got loose fairly quickly (as far as twisting), Samsung didn't seem to support any type of development for the phone which I didn't like. I dunno, I have just never been happy with one. I gave them another chance with the Moment and it just wasn't what made me happy. It's all personal reasons, some may disagree with me, and to them I say be happy and buy another one :)

Well my opinion on the samsung moment and the hero was they kinda got put in a spot where a few month later they got superseded by the 1ghz phones with the 800x480 resolutions and etc...

The samsung moment and Hero were just phones that are meant to come out a year ago...if anything I'm just happy a phone is coming out in the US a few month after announcement and not next year..lol

orangekid 06-21-2010 09:53 AM

Even so the Hero had so much more developer support than the moment did, and Developer/ROMs-wise I see the Evo getting much more love than the galaxy. Doesn't the Galaxy have touchwiz UI, man that is ugly and annoying, if I could root the device, flash a 2.1 ROM without all the garbage and touchwiz and essentially a Cyanogen Nexus ROM then I'd be down cuz a 4" with a hw kb is pretty nice.

gTen 06-21-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1827481)
Even so the Hero had so much more developer support than the moment did, and Developer/ROMs-wise I see the Evo getting much more love than the galaxy. Doesn't the Galaxy have touchwiz UI, man that is ugly and annoying, if I could root the device, flash a 2.1 ROM without all the garbage and touchwiz and essentially a Cyanogen Nexus ROM then I'd be down cuz a 4" with a hw kb is pretty nice.

Well we will see..if the Galaxy S Pro is pretty much the same as the Galaxy S..and the Galaxy S goes across all carriers like planned...then maybe it will get decent support just from it begin widely available...

Not to mention..if this is the first Android World Phone..that would definitely turn heads...

orangekid 06-21-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1828366)
Well we will see..if the Galaxy S Pro is pretty much the same as the Galaxy S..and the Galaxy S goes across all carriers like planned...then maybe it will get decent support just from it begin widely available...

Not to mention..if this is the first Android World Phone..that would definitely turn heads...

good point, either way I am psyched about it, will for sure check it out in store.