PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: iPhone HD/4G coming to Sprint!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaseball3 View Post
Highly doubt it! They'd have to venture out of gsm and into cdma radios. Plus in apples eyes, att 'says' they cover 97% of country. Jobs is thinking worlds gayest phone should be on countries largest phone provider. They could care less on the reception or internet speeds. It's just numbers.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk
there were also rumors that they hired the same chinese company to make 2 million cdma devices and were already working on them. putting a cdma radio into something isn't that hard.

I doubt we'll see a cdma version soon though, they would have said something at wwdc
Old 06-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I dont think Apple would just release the iPhone on any other carrier without having some big-assed overly extravagant event to announce it.
Apple loves to get Steve Jobs up on stage running his peter puffer about how the i(whatever) is the "Next best thing" and how "magical" it is. IF there was an iPhone coming to any other carrier they will make a big deal about it over at Apple and get their frontman to promote it.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 06-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
there were also rumors that they hired the same chinese company to make 2 million cdma devices and were already working on them. putting a cdma radio into something isn't that hard.

I doubt we'll see a cdma version soon though, they would have said something at wwdc
Now this is all speculation, but check this out: So, AT&T is letting customers upgrade their accounts to the new iPhone an unheard of 6 months early. Now, what if AT&T -knowing that their contract is up- asked Apple to delay the CDMA announcement until after the GSM version launches. This coupled with AT&T's early upgrades would allow them to rope in as many customers as possible into 2 year contracts right before Apple announces that there will in fact be a CDMA version; an announcement that would likely prevent many customers from resigning contracts with AT&T. I have three friends that are with AT&T that stated if the iPhone was coming to Verizon that they would switch right away because they were sick of the poor coverage.

Just a thought...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Now this is all speculation, but check this out: So, AT&T is letting customers upgrade their accounts to the new iPhone an unheard of 6 months early. Now, what if AT&T -knowing that their contract is up- asked Apple to delay the CDMA announcement until after the GSM version launches. This coupled with AT&T's early upgrades would allow them to rope in as many customers as possible into 2 year contracts right before Apple announces that there will in fact be a CDMA version; an announcement that would likely prevent many customers from resigning contracts with AT&T. I have three friends that are with AT&T that stated if the iPhone was coming to Verizon that they would switch right away because they were sick of the poor coverage.

Just a thought...

This actually makes perfect sense.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post

Just a thought...
Combine that with their new ETF of $325 and I think we have a....BINGO! Waiting until July. Radio Shack guy says wait till July.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Combine that with their new ETF of $325 and I think we have a....BINGO! Waiting until July. Radio Shack guy says wait till July.
Perhaps Radio Shack is thinking the same thing, though I would be surprised if they had definitive information; it would be a pretty big leak if this was the case and vendors were aware of this.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Question is if the iphone comes this September to only verizon...and you buy a cdma iphone from verizon and bring it to sprint...I know sprint 99.9999999% if not 100% of the time wont accept a phone they did not make..BUT I don't think they would deny iphone ppl coming to their network....

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor

At this point I would be a little surprised if Verizon was the only CDMA company to get the iPhone. With a brand new device its one thing, but the iPhone has been around for awhile. I would think Apple would want to take advantage of being available to all instead of once again being constrained by contracts with individual carriers.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:17 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash23 View Post
None of these Carriers but At&t can release an Iphone Until Apple's and at&t exclusive contract is up. So if anything we are looking at a 2012 release for any other carrier.

Contracts can be easily revised....compensation is the easiest way...
Old 06-11-2010, 09:22 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Contracts can be easily revised....compensation is the easiest way...
Bingo again and with the ipad rumor that ATT will get the rights to it just makes sense to me.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News