PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   iPhone HD/4G coming to Sprint!?! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122262)

orangekid 06-11-2010 10:42 AM

Re: iPhone HD/4G coming to Sprint!?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbaseball3 (Post 1808703)
Highly doubt it! They'd have to venture out of gsm and into cdma radios. Plus in apples eyes, att 'says' they cover 97% of country. Jobs is thinking worlds gayest phone should be on countries largest phone provider. They could care less on the reception or internet speeds. It's just numbers.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

there were also rumors that they hired the same chinese company to make 2 million cdma devices and were already working on them. putting a cdma radio into something isn't that hard.

I doubt we'll see a cdma version soon though, they would have said something at wwdc

BooDaddy 06-11-2010 07:59 PM

I dont think Apple would just release the iPhone on any other carrier without having some big-assed overly extravagant event to announce it.
Apple loves to get Steve Jobs up on stage running his peter puffer about how the i(whatever) is the "Next best thing" and how "magical" it is. IF there was an iPhone coming to any other carrier they will make a big deal about it over at Apple and get their frontman to promote it.

mlin 06-11-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1808714)
there were also rumors that they hired the same chinese company to make 2 million cdma devices and were already working on them. putting a cdma radio into something isn't that hard.

I doubt we'll see a cdma version soon though, they would have said something at wwdc

Now this is all speculation, but check this out: So, AT&T is letting customers upgrade their accounts to the new iPhone an unheard of 6 months early. Now, what if AT&T -knowing that their contract is up- asked Apple to delay the CDMA announcement until after the GSM version launches. This coupled with AT&T's early upgrades would allow them to rope in as many customers as possible into 2 year contracts right before Apple announces that there will in fact be a CDMA version; an announcement that would likely prevent many customers from resigning contracts with AT&T. I have three friends that are with AT&T that stated if the iPhone was coming to Verizon that they would switch right away because they were sick of the poor coverage.

Just a thought...

MoonZ*BabysH 06-11-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 1809782)
Now this is all speculation, but check this out: So, AT&T is letting customers upgrade their accounts to the new iPhone an unheard of 6 months early. Now, what if AT&T -knowing that their contract is up- asked Apple to delay the CDMA announcement until after the GSM version launches. This coupled with AT&T's early upgrades would allow them to rope in as many customers as possible into 2 year contracts right before Apple announces that there will in fact be a CDMA version; an announcement that would likely prevent many customers from resigning contracts with AT&T. I have three friends that are with AT&T that stated if the iPhone was coming to Verizon that they would switch right away because they were sick of the poor coverage.

Just a thought...

This actually makes perfect sense.

Biggzz 06-11-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 1809782)

Just a thought...

Combine that with their new ETF of $325 and I think we have a....BINGO! Waiting until July. Radio Shack guy says wait till July.[-o<

mlin 06-11-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggzz (Post 1809828)
Combine that with their new ETF of $325 and I think we have a....BINGO! Waiting until July. Radio Shack guy says wait till July.[-o<

Perhaps Radio Shack is thinking the same thing, though I would be surprised if they had definitive information; it would be a pretty big leak if this was the case and vendors were aware of this.

gTen 06-11-2010 09:11 PM

Question is if the iphone comes this September to only verizon...and you buy a cdma iphone from verizon and bring it to sprint...I know sprint 99.9999999% if not 100% of the time wont accept a phone they did not make..BUT I don't think they would deny iphone ppl coming to their network....

mlin 06-11-2010 09:16 PM

At this point I would be a little surprised if Verizon was the only CDMA company to get the iPhone. With a brand new device its one thing, but the iPhone has been around for awhile. I would think Apple would want to take advantage of being available to all instead of once again being constrained by contracts with individual carriers.

flyers2114 06-11-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kash23 (Post 1774771)
None of these Carriers but At&t can release an Iphone Until Apple's and at&t exclusive contract is up. So if anything we are looking at a 2012 release for any other carrier.

Contracts can be easily revised....compensation is the easiest way...

Biggzz 06-11-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 1809852)
Contracts can be easily revised....compensation is the easiest way...

Bingo again and with the ipad rumor that ATT will get the rights to it just makes sense to me.