PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dell out of left field with WP7 "Lightning"

I know Windows Phone 7 may or may not be popular but you can't argue with how nice this new Dell looks, dubbed the lightning with quite the handsome spec sheet

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/21/d...ice-leaks-out/

Snapdragon (of course)
4.1" OLED touch screen
portrait sliding keyboard
9 GB of total storage (1 GB interal with 8 GB permanent microSD)
512 MB DDR ram
5 MP camera
as well as the extras expected from WP7

looks like it'll head to ATT and Tmobile though

trying to post pics but for now you can find them at the Engadget source link

Last edited by jbearamus; 04-21-2010 at 09:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hyakku is keeping up the good workhyakku is keeping up the good work
Re: Dell out of left field with WP7 "Lightning"

I actually audibly gasped when I saw the lightning and thunder. Now I don't know so much about the evo -_-.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:09 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyakku View Post
I actually audibly gasped when I saw the lightning and thunder. Now I don't know so much about the evo -_-.
lol...what is there about this phone that would make you take it over the evo?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The thing that 'got' me is the portrait slider kb... the specs are out of this world too though

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Here are some pics...
I love this phone.
I just hope Sprint doesn't screw me again and only gets one without a keyboard.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/dell-...leaks/#2915925
Old 04-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Threadstarter

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
lol...what is there about this phone that would make you take it over the evo?
the lightning is half way to fixing my complaint about the Evo, lack of a keyboard but I wouldn't want a portrait, I'd rather have sliding landscape keyboard, but I would rather have all though than portrait so its a great looking and great spec'd device but I'd have to pass
Old 04-22-2010, 02:29 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

A device as big as the evo with a keyboard... I dont even want to imagine the size of that.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

Now this makes wp7 look attractive. I like how they did the keyboard but still kept it sleek. My main drawback if this phone even came to Sprint would be the lack of 4g.

As good as this phone may seem, it would almost seem like a step backwards for someone who only buys phones ever 2yrs or more seeing how 4g is now taking off in headsets.

Evo on 3g

Old 04-23-2010, 01:57 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayareal View Post
Now this makes wp7 look attractive. I like how they did the keyboard but still kept it sleek. My main drawback if this phone even came to Sprint would be the lack of 4g.

As good as this phone may seem, it would almost seem like a step backwards for someone who only buys phones ever 2yrs or more seeing how 4g is now taking off in headsets.
engadget's article does mention that the lightning will be "upgradeable" to LTE in the future for when ATT bothers to launch it so we could assume if they did make a CDMA version they would do that same thing or get 4G out of the gate which should be doable since it won't even be out fall anyway
Old 04-23-2010, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

I wont hold my breath for that one. Does or has Dell even make or made cdma phones in the past?

Its a great looking phone but I for one wont switch carriers for a phone, especially for a wp7 phone when every major carrier will have a wp7 phone or a few to choose from.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News