PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint better not lag around releasing the EVO...

Quote:
Quote:
evo isn't gonna have much of an impact on ppl. look at it this way, 70ish % of America voted for Obama. 70% of ppl withsmartphones have an iPhone. ppl wanted change. change they got. with that change came a democracy change. we now have a ruler who tells us what we can and can't do. censorship anyone! the apple iPhone is exactly that kind of analogy. its ruled and censored by apple. there for ppl will continue to buy apple, cause they're the same now as they were then. they want 'change' and love it. I for one will continue to live outside the box cause I don't want to be ruled with my phone as we are with our pres. for further reference the iPhone shall be called the Obama phone. long live android!

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

A ruler that tells us what we can and cant do? Would you rather have a ruler that lies and sends us to war over false pretenses causing us to splurge billions of US dollars every month to "patrol" civilians? Or what about one that literally destroyed our economy and led unemployment to record highs? Or one that bombed Iraq to smitherines and then hired the VP's "former" company to go over there and rebuild... the same company that doesnt even think enough of the US to house their offices here but in Dubai? Please... I could go on for days. That's a change that was NEEDED and comparing that to the iphone is pretty ridiculous.

Im guessing you're a republican... what positive, if ANYTHING did the last president do for this country? Cash for clunkers jumpstarted the auto industry that had US automakers on the verge of bankruptcy. Unemployment is down and more jobs have been created ALREADY than in the whole second term of the "last" president. Universal healthcare is in the works, and more jobs are hiring than laying off for the first time in years... you sound like Rush Limbaugh.. maybe you should do like he said he was going to do if healthcare passed and leave the country.
how in hell does this have anything to do with apple or the evo?! that's what I thought, a true democrat that leaves the subject at hand to talk about what THEY want. go take it from Obama. and the Obama phone. long live android!

Hero is flying
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:34 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

In other words you cant dispute anything I said... typical republican.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Indigenous Nudist

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

how did this turn into politics.. sheesh, lol

in OTHER NEWS. the incredible's manual leaks. sprint still lagging behind.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

hahaha.. I love it when they blow up like this.

I was hoping for an April release like some of the other rumors were floating around, but it doesnt look like that will happen. I wanted to go to the store and tinker with it. Still dont think it will be able to make me leave muh SERO though. Im cheap

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 04-08-2010, 04:10 PM
The EVO Guru
Threadstarter

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well on the plus side the iphone os 4.0 really didnt show anything spectacular... but we all know apple really never has to just to be able to sell. I figured Sprint would be dragging their legs.. they should have had that EVO out no later than the end of May.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work

Inside sources at Sprint doesn't even know either. It's just pure speculation of around June 13th
Old 04-09-2010, 02:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
In other words you cant dispute anything I said... typical republican.
your right, especially in a non related to political thread. us non Obama fans have enough common sense to realise that we shouldn't 'change' a thread. besides, who ever said I was a republican? you dems just have no clue.

I agree, the Obama 4.0 phone didn't show us anything. as jobs said, 'just like the iPad' lol. so the analogies months ago were true, the Obama phone is just like the iPad. why didnt they just design a larger Obama phone? oh wait they did

Old 04-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Indigenous Nudist

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

has anyone here actually called and TALKED to another human at sprint, asking the release date?
Old 04-13-2010, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
has anyone here actually called and TALKED to another human at sprint, asking the release date?
Yes, I have spoke with a few different reps, in person, and on phone, and I have concluded none of them have any idea.
The most reliable one I have spoken with was a Sprint electrician at a cell site on my company's property. I asked him about 4G. He explained what it takes to upgrade tower to 4G, and when asked about the Evo, he said "Yeah I heard they were launching that thing end of May."
Other than that, none of the three Sprint/Nextel reps that were recently at my job, had any clue to launch date, except "summer"
I get the feeling most of us on these forums have a better idea then most Sprint employees. Supersonical on android forums seems pretty well informed, and most people there respect his opinion.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:59 PM
The EVO Guru
Threadstarter

I cant believe that they havent even started advertising it yet... that alone leads me to believe that it wont be this month or May. Then again Sprint has been known to lack in the department of advertising but I find it REALLY hard to believe they'd goof that up with this phone.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News