PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Free Guarantee

new news from sprint:

http://www.nextel.com/en/shop/why_sp...nity:guarantee

Quote:
We love and believe in our products and services. We're confident you will too. That's why, starting April 1, 2010, as a new customer — or an existing customer adding a new line of service — we'll give you 30 days to try us for free.

If for any reason you're not happy and want to cancel service, just call us to deactivate your service, go to the original place of purchase to return your undamaged phone or mobile broadband card, and we'll:
  • Refund monthly charges incurred as part of your service plan*
  • Refund the activation fee
  • Refund the purchase price of your device
  • Waive the Early Termination Fee
  • Waive the restocking fee
  • Refund taxes and Sprint surcharges associated with the above charges
*You’ll be responsible for extras like usage not included in your plan, premium content, 3rd-party billing, international charges, and any taxes and Sprint surcharges associated with such extras.
Just one more thing we give you that our competitors don't. And one more reason why there's never been a better time to give us a try.

i spoke with a sprint rep regarding this and sero:

Quote:
03/31/2010 01:40:53PMAgent (Jovanna): "OK, how may I assist you?"
03/31/2010 01:41:03PMjosh: "i have a sero plan (500 minutes - $30/month) and i am interested in trying a different plan in a couple of months. i see your plan says: "Return it for a refund and re-activate your old one. Want to go back to your old phone and plan? We can do that. If yo" ur old plan's no longer available, we'll find one that's comparable."
03/31/2010 01:41:21PMjosh: "in the event i can not get my plan back, there are no really comparable plans. what would i be left with?"
03/31/2010 01:42:41PMAgent (Jovanna): "May I ask would you be interested in data, messaging or just talk minutes?"
03/31/2010 01:43:22PMjosh: "data, i would be looking at making the switch for a new android device but i'm not sure if i will like it or if it will work with our computer system at work."
03/31/2010 01:44:15PMAgent (Jovanna): "The most cost effective plan would be the Everything Plus 500 data, this would be 59.99"
03/31/2010 01:44:52PMjosh: "so if i do make a switch and do not like it, i'm stuck with a plan that is double the price?"
03/31/2010 01:45:44PMAgent (Jovanna): "I do apologize in order to activate the Android device, this would be the option."
03/31/2010 01:46:11PMjosh: "if i made the switch and decided to go back, would i be able to get my sero plan back?"
03/31/2010 01:46:24PMjosh: "of course with my current phone, not the android phone"
03/31/2010 01:47:20PMAgent (Jovanna): "Because the plan is expired, once you are off of it we are unable to put you back on the expired plan."
03/31/2010 01:47:48PMjosh: "ok, so i better just stay where i am. thanks for your help!"
03/31/2010 01:48:28PMAgent (Jovanna): "You are very welcome"
Old 03-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sprint Free Guarantee

wow that is nice

Old 03-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Agreed that is not very helpful for you or other SERO users, but for the average or corporate user, this is a tremendous benefit.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero
Threadstarter

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

too bad too, i was kinda excited to play with an android phone for a week or 2 to decide if it was worth the extra $30 a month.

but agreed, for the average user coming from another carrier who is not sure about sprints services or coverage, this is a great deal!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:25 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Yea well.... having sero was nice but if it was gonna keep me stuck on a winmo phone I said to hell with that. It's nice to be a bit cheaper but sucks that you cant get any of the good new models on it. I dont mind the $60 a month for the phone I want.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:34 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Couldn't you open a new line in order to test the Android phone (EVO 4G, I assume)? If you didn't like it, it wouldn't cost you anything. If you liked it and kept the phone, you could port over your number and cancel your SERO line, assuming you're out of contract. If you're not out of contract, cancel the line for a full refund, then upgrade your existing line.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

i am gonna hang on to my SERO for a while now. I love having 2 lines, with insurance, getting my corporate discount and ending up paying around 73 bucks a month AFTER insurance and taxes. That kicks ass.
I am going to hold on to SERO until WinMo7 launches, and then see how Sprint will handle it. Right now, Android just isn't enough enticement for me to more than double my monthly price. Eventually they will have to budge somehow. After WinMo7, no one will be making older WinMo phones anymore, and I am wondering how Sprint will grandfather us in when the old phones start dying.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 04-08-2010, 08:51 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

What's going to be funny is when they decide not to let wm7 go to sero accounts either.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News