PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Nexus One from Google Coming to Sprint; Availability Date Announced Soon (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114552)

spiritcrusher33 03-17-2010 03:03 PM

Nexus One from Google Coming to Sprint; Availability Date Announced Soon

http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoen...426&highlight=

Who is ready!!!!! I cant wait!!!

gTen 03-17-2010 03:10 PM

Re: Nexus One from Google Coming to Sprint; Availability Date Announced Soon

Supersonic though is probably better..but here is the question...

will it be possible to get a Nexus One with SERO...sprint does not let people use android phones normally but this one is being distributed by google so maybe it will slide :/

spiritcrusher33 03-17-2010 03:42 PM

good question..not sure bout sero.. prolly not,

gTen 03-17-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 (Post 1636669)
good question..not sure bout sero.. prolly not,

Well what makes it unique is I think you do activation via Google's portal and not the carrier...of course it may also require that you pay a full retail price

If google does the activating rather then the carrier it may just slide if lucky..

ajac 03-17-2010 03:47 PM

hmmmm come on htc hd2 to sprint is all i am waiting for wont be for awhile and when that happens sprint might get the htc hd3 with winmobile 7 (which i am not sure is worth it since win mobile 7 seems kind of crappy when it comes to some features)

mike99 03-17-2010 04:44 PM

Not to continue beating this issue to death, but... I am still curious.

Comparing Nexus to Supersonic: From what I read here and on XDA, WinMo HD2 (which is supposed to be hardware equivalent to Supersonic) still does not have appropriate hardware enabled 2D/3D acceleration (thanks to HTC and Qualcomm!).

Will Supersonic be different??? What about Nexus???

Windows Phone 7, as I understand, must have this enabled according to MS. Will Google have similar requirements???

I think this is definitely one of the features where iphone is ahead of the curerently available WinMo phones.

BTW, anyone knows how Motorolla Droid is doing in this category??? (I know they use different processor, and it is not made by HTC).

Thanks.

Mike

gTen 03-17-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike99 (Post 1636873)
Not to continue beating this issue to death, but... I am still curious.

Comparing Nexus to Supersonic: From what I read here and on XDA, WinMo HD2 (which is supposed to be hardware equivalent to Supersonic) still does not have appropriate hardware enabled 2D/3D acceleration (thanks to HTC and Qualcomm!).

Will Supersonic be different??? What about Nexus???

Windows Phone 7, as I understand, must have this enabled according to MS. Will Google have similar requirements???

I think this is definitely one of the features where iphone is ahead of the curerently available WinMo phones.

BTW, anyone knows how Motorolla Droid is doing in this category??? (I know they use different processor, and it is not made by HTC).

Thanks.

Mike

Nexus One does not have hardware acceleration...

hopefully since supersonic will have 2.1 from the get go and flash support they may require it. But this is not guaranteed so who knows...for this reason I don't like HTC and Qualcomm too much..they cant afford $10 extra just to make a 500$ phone run

hamagc 03-17-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1636682)
Well what makes it unique is I think you do activation via Google's portal and not the carrier...of course it may also require that you pay a full retail price

If google does the activating rather then the carrier it may just slide if lucky..

this is where i am putting my money.