PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)
Carrier: T-Mobile

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT
What if Google bought HTC? Could Kill WinMo 7

How Google Can Kill Windows Mobile 7
mushipkw | January 21st, 2010 | News

Now here is the scary thought, what if Google bought HTC. For Microsoft this would be horrendous, I know I wouldn’t even consider a Windows Phone without HTC making such great devices. Google could cripple Windows Mobile relatively easily by buying HTC and in doing so give themselves a prime way to design and manufacture their own phones, tablets and netbooks; all of which they believe are the way forward in computing.

http://ow.ly/ZJem
Old 01-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313
Re: What if Google bought HTC? Could Kill WinMo 7

That would hurt.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

what if a "if" was a spliff, and a 5th?.... i'd probably be drunk, and high....

Last edited by correct; 01-23-2010 at 04:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:06 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i dont think that will happen. lots of companies making devices for wm7, i cant see microsoft and htc doing that, they are great at what they do
Old 01-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Thumbs down Re: What if Google bought HTC? Could Kill WinMo 7

Poorly written and researched article.
  • HTC just announced that they were developing an Android tablet but have suspended any further development. So that angle is out. If you missed that story, you shouldn't be writing articles on HTC and Google.
  • WM7's future hardly depends on HTC. LG, Samsung, Asus, Acer and eventually Motorola will all be on board. WM6.5 has 15 OEMs.
  • LG is the one to really watch: they have the money, research, experience and depth of market to really challenge HTC in the WinMo market
  • Google does not do nor want to be in the hardware business, which is vastly different than software. They have no experience with it either. Furthermore, doing so would tick off all their OEMs who would drop Android in a heartbeat on such a decision, thereby killing all momentum. OEMs are already (privately) ticked off about the Nexus One
  • Moto's DROID is the best selling Android phone, not the Nexus One. So it's nothing to bet the farm on.
  • HTC is not for sale and a hostile takeover does not seem likely. Being a publicly traded company, Google couldn't just buy them. Google usually buys privately held startups and they like to keep it quiet.
There's just no basis for anything in this article.

Last edited by Malatesta; 01-23-2010 at 07:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:30 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
  • HTC just announced that they were developing an Android tablet but have suspended any further development. So that angle is out. If you missed that story, you shouldn't be writing articles on HTC and Google.
  • WM7's future hardly depends on HTC. LG, Samsung, Asus, Acer and eventually Motorola will all be on board. WM6.5 has 15 OEMs.
  • LG is the one to really watch: they have the money, research, experience and depth of market to really challenge HTC in the WinMo market
  • Google does not do nor want to be in the hardware business, which is vastly different than software. They have no experience with it either. Furthermore, doing so would tick off all their OEMs who would drop Android in a heartbeat on such a decision, thereby killing all momentum. OEMs are already (privately) ticked off about the Nexus One
  • Moto's DROID is the best selling Android phone, not the Nexus One. So it's nothing to bet the farm on.
  • HTC is not for sale and a hostile takeover does not seem likely. Being a publicly traded company, Google couldn't just buy them. Google usually buys privately held startups and they like to keep it quiet.
Yes, this

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 01-23-2010, 08:34 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'll sum it up
Business do what's best for them to make more money, doesn't matter to them if they piss people off, customers or other manufactures etc...
I'll also say this, I now have an Android device and like it much better than WinMo. In fact, I've given my HTC Touch Pro 2 to my girlfriend and am now using the Samsung Moment. I didn't pick the HTC Hero because it doesn't have a slide out keyboard... once you go slide out qwerty keyboard you'll never go back!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
Awesome!! Nothing else needed lol.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint (the devil)

amd4me is keeping up the good workamd4me is keeping up the good work

That would be AWESOME WinMo is a POS that happens to be on a lot of awesome devices. Android is killing Microsoft and starting to eat away at apples pie.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP 2
Carrier: sprint

Technoob is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd4me View Post
That would be AWESOME WinMo is a POS that happens to be on a lot of awesome devices. Android is killing Microsoft and starting to eat away at apples pie.
this is true!
WM is killing HTC!
Does microsoft even earns a profit on WM!

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News