PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ghamden is keeping up the good workghamden is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon's Touch Pro2 Second Only to iPhone 3GS

http://pocketnow.com/tech-news/veriz...-to-iphone-3gs

with sales like this don't expect a OEM 6.5 from verizon for a while
Old 12-01-2009, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Re: Verizon's Touch Pro2 Second Only to iPhone 3GS

LMAO!
oh yes there is no demand for htc devices =./
A 6.5 will be here IMHO
Old 12-04-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprizzzzint

nesta17 is just getting started

Why would the Verizon version be better than the Sprint TP2? Sprint data network is faster and there are more "add on's" on the Sprint version.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesta17 View Post
Why would the Verizon version be better than the Sprint TP2? Sprint data network is faster and there are more "add on's" on the Sprint version.
sprints network is not faster then verizons!! they are basically the same, the only difference is verizons network is more reliable!! and remember that the verizon versions of the tp2 can use us gsm bands after the sim unlock code from verizon is used!(and thats without the phone having hspl or using a patched radio)!! two the design of the verizon device is better(colors, and case)

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesta17 View Post
What about the fact that Sprint is trying to rape/price gouge their TP2 for $349 compared to Verizone's $199?

Come on Sprint, did you really want to sell those phones???
Old 12-04-2009, 05:23 PM

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
What about the fact that Sprint is trying to rape/price gouge their TP2 for $349 compared to Verizone's $199?

Come on Sprint, did you really want to sell those phones???
dont forget that t-mobile (who dropped the tp2 first) also sold it for that price!! sprint was just going by the current market standard, now i dont know what made verizon drop price to 199 maybe to compete with the iphone! whatever made them do it caused the device to be sold out for 2-3 months!! even the imagio sold out for a month!!
Old 12-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
dont forget that t-mobile (who dropped the tp2 first) also sold it for that price!! sprint was just going by the current market standard, now i dont know what made verizon drop price to 199 maybe to compete with the iphone! whatever made them do it caused the device to be sold out for 2-3 months!! even the imagio sold out for a month!!
There is a huge demand from us Sprint people for the TP2 but their pricing is crazy.
I've decided to look to secondary markets for the TP2- ebay/craigslist. It seems like the only people with Sprint's TP2 are those that were able to get in on the Citibank deal or trade thier TP1 in... Those that actually paid full price probably feel like idiots with new like this.

Sorry for the rant, yes I am bitter.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
and let's not forget I don't think vzw expected these things to sell that MUCH. The initial touch pro was met with so much negativity, users really hated the first touch pro. Verizon had a very short order catering to what they considered the "small" htc demographic. But combined with sprint's price, the ability to use US GSM sim cards almost out of the box, and the price, makes verizon the winner here...

And this is for a phone that isn't announced! Let's keep that in mind. Verizon did all it could to not announce this phone and in many cases not even informing vzw representatives that the phone even existed till day of. And even then, the user had to tell the CS rep this phone is out per an email not even vzw reps received!

This is a great thing for vzw. And I hope they realize the only reason why this occurred was because sprint screwed up horribly!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
and let's not forget I don't think vzw expected these things to sell that MUCH. The initial touch pro was met with so much negativity, users really hated the first touch pro. Verizon had a very short order catering to what they considered the "small" htc demographic. But combined with sprint's price, the ability to use US GSM sim cards almost out of the box, and the price, makes verizon the winner here...

And this is for a phone that isn't announced! Let's keep that in mind. Verizon did all it could to not announce this phone and in many cases not even informing vzw representatives that the phone even existed till day of. And even then, the user had to tell the CS rep this phone is out per an email not even vzw reps received!

This is a great thing for vzw. And I hope they realize the only reason why this occurred was because sprint screwed up horribly!
i feel u on the part about no promotions of the tp2!! good point!! hopefully verizon and sprint have learned to listen more to there customers!!

on another note i have yet to see another person with a verizon or sprint tp2!!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
i feel u on the part about no promotions of the tp2!! good point!! hopefully verizon and sprint have learned to listen more to there customers!!

on another note i have yet to see another person with a verizon or sprint tp2!!
True, the only time I've seen a TP2 in person was a Sprint employee who showed me his new toy a month ago. I havent even seen a display model in the stores...

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News