PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM7: LG Apollo, HTC Obsession and OS info

why 3.7"? 4/3" seems to be just a right size

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 01-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
lol, thanks for the clarification. That's certainly a difference.

You're right about LG wants the profit, but what I was suggesting was that MS subsidize LG, so they can lower the price without hurting their bottom line.

MS eats the cost, LG can sell a $300 carrier subsidized phone instead of a $500 carrier subsidized one.

But like I said, that's all just speculation/guessing/wishful thinking. We'll find out more in the next few months, I'm sure.

I'm also skeptical about the LG screen resolution. We're working to confirm/dis-confirm this week.
i get it do like MS or Sony and try and eat the cost for market gain and publicity...it could work...just the thing is with sprint i wouldnt pay over 400 with an upgrade for this phone....but that LG Apollos specs eath the Obsession alive

Old 01-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
why 3.7"? 4/3" seems to be just a right size
from what i hear 4.3" scrrens are still "experimental", thats why the HD2 is only coming 2 the US on T-mobile atm.

I know where your comming from though, I would much rather buy a phone w/ a 4.3" screen! especially if its UXGA!!!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

HTC Obsession to be the HTC Diamond3
Old 01-21-2010, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
no cdma flavor
interesting move now about that touch pro 3...
Old 01-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Back

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

exactly my thinking, not really interested in the obsession persay but if the tp3 is looming with similar specs im all in!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
exactly my thinking, not really interested in the obsession persay but if the tp3 is looming with similar specs im all in!
the lg specs blow away the diamond 3 specs...no way after the TP2 do i go back to HTC for another slider phone
Old 01-21-2010, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6875US Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjnotu View Post
the lg specs blow away the diamond 3 specs...no way after the TP2 do i go back to HTC for another slider phone

I personally love my Touch Pro 2. It is not revolutionary by any means, but its a pretty slick device. that LG Apollo has crazy specs, and I really would not be surprised to see Microsoft taking the mobile platform a step further and going for more of a tablet feel with a phone app on it, rather than a phone based computer feel. Does that make any sense?

I am excited to see how the mobile world is going to develop this year. So far everything is looking pretty impressive, but until we see them in the real world, they are nothing but a pipe dream.

In my humble opinion, I am willing to bet that we will see a netbook smartphone crossover this year. The proccessors are moving along at a very rapid rate, the ram is improving massively at a very rapid rate. Screen resolutions are a hop and a skip from 1080p, and with a pico projector option (LG Expo) were going to have laptop replacements in no time.

Windows Phone 7 I am going to guess, at least the business one, is going to blur the lines between Windows 7 and the Windows Mobile platforms they have been using. You can bet your bottom dollar your going to see some amazing things from mobile developers this year, software AND hardware.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjnotu View Post
whats to say the tp3 specs wont "blow away" the lg spces. plus my wife and went thru 7 lg feature phones in about 8 months, granted that was a while ago but still. never had any issues with my original tp or either of your tp2s
Old 01-21-2010, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I'm beginning to realize as far as htc keeps the image of balance, there won't be a powerhouse slider until the 7 media edition comes out. I don't mind balance as long as things are constant and if its being built a lot like the zune I expect zune hd speed and simplicity.
I mean seriously best device of the year should be the zune hd it really blew me away

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News