PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Sprint's 6.5 upgrade for the tp2. New information (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106538)

Riley 01-16-2010 01:43 AM

Sprint's 6.5 upgrade for the tp2. New information

Noticed this article on Pocketnow.com. Looks like Sprint is late to the upgrade game, but may have good reason to do so. Good read: http://pocketnow.com/software-1/spri...l-enhancements

CaliBoyPhillip 01-16-2010 02:58 AM

Re: Sprint's 6.5 upgrade for the tp2. New information

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileyd5 (Post 1493162)
Noticed this article on Pocketnow.com. Looks like Sprint is late to the upgrade game, but may have good reason to do so. Good read: http://pocketnow.com/software-1/spri...l-enhancements

thanks =] its been posted a lot in the TP2 section but! thanks for actually someone posting it in this section... I can't wait for the update just to see what it brings.

InvincibleLiving 01-16-2010 02:59 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Saw that as well. I'm so trying not to get my hopes up too high... but this sounds promising at least.

Riley 01-16-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip (Post 1493252)
thanks =] its been posted a lot in the TP2 section but! thanks for actually someone posting it in this section... I can't wait for the update just to see what it brings.

Thanks, you're right, It should be here especially for us hunkered down geekers that don't know what to do next. LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving (Post 1493254)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Saw that as well. I'm so trying not to get my hopes up too high... but this sounds promising at least.

Yeah this does sound very interesting and makes you think they are going to keep the tp2 updated to buy them sometime till next year. More I think about, if this device was say 200.00 bucks, I would upgrade in a heartbeat, keep the diamond for a backup.

OMJ 01-16-2010 11:52 AM

Sprint is late w/ everything.....sooooo saaaaad

psycho_maniac 01-16-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 1493617)

even the touch pro2 phone? thought they were first on that? well for cdma anyways.

BooDaddy 01-17-2010 02:05 PM

Looking forward to this. Maybe it will be the 6.6 Rom.

TMartin 01-18-2010 11:06 AM

Straight from "Find and update the software version on your HTC Touch Pro2" on www.sprint.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprint
** NOTE: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
Sprint and HTC are currently developing a release of Windows Mobile 6.5 for the HTC Touch Pro2 that is expected to be available by end of first quarter, 2010. This upgrade will provide updates to the Windows Mobile platform, along with significant enhancements to the Touch Pro2 user interface to allow additional customization/personalization options and more integration with applications users access the most.

Go HERE to see for yourself.

insomniac 01-18-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 1493617)

Actually Sprint had the TP1 first in the states and came with Winmo 5 first, in the states, and the first rev a smartphone, plus they are known for lagging with rom updates or upgrades, the first upgrade to the mogul was late according to their own date they had given, but the 2nd on 6.1 was on time, and the TP1 took forever to get the update, so why is this suprising to anyone. Now the message on the site could be their way of alleviating customers frustration for taking so long when other carriers in the U.S. have it, or could actually be what they say and are doing something a little different. So be patient, it may be worth the wait or turn out to be just regular old sense 2.1 and nothing different from other carrirs other than the sprint softwre, in which case, complain all you want. But first wait to see if what they are saying on their own website, is true. Sprint had really good smartphones, they just need to get back in the game, i just think we are going trough a stop gap period right now.

testacon 01-19-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileyd5 (Post 1493162)

No offense but that's really not a good reason, but yes it's still an interesting read.

I think this just means that the other carriers will have their second update for the Touch Pro 2 by then. Sprint could have easily release this build now and the second one at a later date, this is Sprint's way of just sucking more in customer service, IMO. Ask for $600 for the phone NOW and then don't provide any support. Whenever their update is released it will probably still have the 11/17/09 build too on it. So by the time this comes around this phone will be probably be more then half way through it's lifespan.

How difficult can this possible be, people on this forum tinker with their phones in their FREE time, and make bigger contributions then that of the carriers and manufacture. How incompetent can Sprints testing department be? Must be nice telling your boss every week that you can't meet a deadline, can I have till the end of Q4 2009, then when that passes, the end of Q1 2010?

Perhaps this is why Sprints stock went from $17.23 in 2007 to a whooping $3.63 in Q1 2010. How much more failure can this company make, please spend less time on crappy advertising and more time on the technology.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Welcome to Sprint, the Bo-Bo's of wireless service were you can't actually get it now but later--much, much later.