PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

gcianc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5.x is now WM 6.6.....WM7 may not be shown next month

There is NO REASON to show an incomplete wm7? It makes no sense whatsoever. MS can learn from apple that HYPE is everything (2 years later iPhone has MMS and sells to the public a "new feature")

wm6.6 is very much NEEDED to finish/complete wm6.5 making it more touch friendly. A few WM coders could lock themselves in an office for a week and make SUBSTANTIAL changes to wm6.x interface. wm 6.6 will also run great on older/cheaper smartphones... why throw away that market to android?

wm7 mandating 1Ghz, 800x480 and can play xbox live type games from "market". No brainer and on on 4 carriers (not just ATT) is just what the mobile phone market needs come xmas 2010 (and 4G faster data rates which really is where wm7 will shine)

Android has nothing really better (it's messy too) and iPhone is stuck on a bad network. No perfect solution.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

So is it possible for TP2 owners to see an update to 6.6 or is this a new device?
Old 01-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo_215 View Post
So is it possible for TP2 owners to see an update to 6.6 or is this a new device?
i'd wager heavily in it... official or unofficial.

the TP2 6.5 update has manilla 2.1 and has more features than the imagio "6.5" update.

since none of these devices (sold in the USA to date) can run wm7 anyways this all the more reason for lame bloggers/haters to get a clue to reality.

and the 1st such device the HD2 that will run WM7 will probably benefit from 2x more program RAM anyways to do the stuff we want to do on these phones).
Old 01-16-2010, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Vogue
Carrier: sprint

ahbroody is a n00b

I swear I must be one of the few people in the world who is happy with 6.5 manila. If 6.6 cleans up a few of the issues then I would be even happier.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

just going to point out something
we have received rumors on rumors on rumors of this...I think this is just one MWC we will have to wait for next month
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
just going to point out something
we have received rumors on rumors on rumors of this...I think this is just one MWC we will have to wait for next month
Yeah seriously this is pissing me off, too. I'm checking my feeds this morning and Engadget and TechCrunch are all putting real stories out there based on RUMORS of RUMORS. People need to relax on the rumors spout by Average Joe Nerd.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinyonnut View Post
I also was feeling hemmed in by 6.5 and so read somewhere on this forum how others had installed SPB Mobile Shell to improve the interface. A couple of days ago I did so and, wow, what a transformation! Makes me wonder why MS doesn't just buy SPB and build the new system patterned on their model. As far as I'm concerned, with some multi-touch tweaks it would be a winning interface.
i like that idea. i flashed all the 6.1 and 6.5 roms and was really happy with the 6.5 ones. when 6.5.x came out i couldn't find any updated 6.5 that i was happy with. so reverted back to stock/locked and went spb end sept last year. was looking at hero for a bit but it just isn't grabbing me. i would like to see hd2 come to sprint and w7 be like spb.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Im not wholly dissatisfied with 6.5, more dissatisfied with the sluggishness, the quirky behavior, the poor internet explorer browser, the odd UI which goes back and forth from 3.1 to semi modern appearance, the fact that most apps are not finger friendly and are dated, the lack of a lock screen that functions properly (like the Zune HD, locking when you turn it off and locking after a delay), the resistive screens, and thats about it i can think of. But those are enough reasons that average joe consumer would get a WM phone now and hate the OS, and they are reasons why I hope in every way from the marketplace to look and feel WM7 makes a clean break from 6.x
Old 01-16-2010, 05:26 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
i honestly think microsoft wants all of us to switch to android or apple.
they dont wanna give up and quit because that'll make them look like the sore losers in "the game", at the same time they dont wanna invest too much money in this portion of MS.

what a friggin joke.

these clownheads better impress me next month, or im grabbing the iphone4g.

im shocked you don't already have an iphone. you seem to like the look of it by your iphone wad theme. i jumped the winmo ship awhile ago and moved to webos, best move ive made. winmo is dead and micro$oft knows it.

Last edited by fixxxer2012; 01-16-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

hey fix hows the pixie?? thinking of selling my wifes tour and get her a pixie or pre.. she is starting to cuss at the bb sometimes.lol I would get her a hero or a moment.. but i dont think she is ready for android yet.. I know webos would be a perfect balance for here..without going back to a dumbphone..

on a side note.. I to think it just microsoft being microsoft..they know they have very stiff comp in the form of android. apple, and webos.. they know wm 7 is gonna make or break wm.. etc...

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News