PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint will now charge you $4.99 a month if you don't have automatic credit card pay

No this is not a joke. If you have in the "spending limit program" ... aka 90% of Sprints customers...basically this means if you HAVE any sort of spending limit no matter how much it is or if you've ever gone over it, Sprint will now charge you $4.99 a month on your bill.

The way to get around it, is to set up automatic credit card payments. If you do that then they'll wave the $4.99 fee.

If you're on a plan that doesn't have a spending limit then you won't get charged.

Sprint is reeeeeally hurting right now, and their lame ass CES speach, and this new fee for anybody with a spending limit proves it. Oh and I wouldn't get too excited about any WiMAX phones coming out any time before 2011, if Sprint lasts that long.

Oh....oh what does that Phone say at the top...oh, oh, T-Mobile. And that's the U.S. version of the HD2 right? Oh hi T-Mobile here's my number. And I'll have the roaming option so I can use AT&T's network and I have the greatest phone on the market and can utilize any U.S. network. My Diamond will do for now with all the bells and whistle's of an HD2 but Sprint is really pissing in the wind at this point if they think they can stop people from leaving.

Last edited by JQuill; 01-10-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

BlkCat is just getting started
Re: Sprint will now charge you $4.99 a month if you don't have automatic credit card

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "spending limit". Could you explain?
Old 01-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Re: Sprint will now charge you $4.99 a month if you don't have automatic credit card

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCat View Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "spending limit". Could you explain?

Most people will have a $150 or above Spening Limit on their account. Meaning that if you owe sprint over that amount of money your phone will be shut off. If your bill is only $70 a month, you could for example not have to pay them for month one or month two, but then when month 3's bill comes in you'll owe them OVER $150 and your phone will be shut off until you pay.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:25 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Already posted in the carrier discussion http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105284
Old 01-10-2010, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Vogue
Carrier: sprint

ahbroody is a n00b

I swear every thread in this forum is tears.
Guess I am not one of MOST PEOPLE.

OOOOhh your right Sprint doesnt have the HD2 and neither does VZW. Why? Cause HTC said GSM only. Kind of lame to QQ about a phone that neither CDMA carrier is getting. "and I have the greatest phone on the market and can utilize any U.S. network." WHAT? I think you mean you can use it on ATT or Tmobile. That said you wont be using 3g on ATT as I thought the bands were different. So you will get edge when on ATT. Also you arent using it on VZW or Sprints network.

I just love how people will give of coverage the main important factor behind so many of the phones features for a cool phone. If we were in Asia where GSM is king and coverage is great yeah. Here we know who has the best coverage and it aint GSM.

Last edited by ahbroody; 01-10-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Sry for the double post...didn't realize it was in carrier discussion. The thing that SUCKS for me is that my account HAS to have a spending limit on it, it has nothing to do with my credit. It's because I have an OLD free and clear plan that I refuse to get rid of.

3000 minutes a month
unlimited nights and weekends @ 7
unlimited sms/mms
unlimited data
unlimited free roaming

for $50 a month

BUT, I only have a ****ing $75 spending limit which they WILL NOT get rid of even though I've paid my bill on time for 4 years. They're probably trying to get rid of people like me, and I'm glad to switch to t-mobile at this point I don't care how much my bill will be.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:51 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Never heard of your plan causing a spending limit not to be removed. I would call executive services and get it removed 1-866-727-0665.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:04 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

did you ask them to remove the spending limit? people in the other thread about this just called and asked to have it removed and that made it happen.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: RIP XV6700.... Goodbye XV6850.. Hello XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

Gesani is a n00b

Dont for get the regulatory charge will also increase from $.20 to $.40 per line, and the cancelation of the referral program.

Accrording to a local sprint rep any account that has had responsible payments made will be subject to review and then possibly "graduated" to an account with no spending limit. The rep also stated that he didnt have the number but as a person that sets up sprint account i have yet to see one without a spending limit.

But Be glad that the sprint fee is only $4.99 per account unlike T-Mobile's $4.99 Control Charge that is assessed per line to thier flexpay customers.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahbroody View Post
I swear every thread in this forum is tears.
Guess I am not one of MOST PEOPLE.

OOOOhh your right Sprint doesnt have the HD2 and neither does VZW. Why? Cause HTC said GSM only. Kind of lame to QQ about a phone that neither CDMA carrier is getting.
That's actually my whole point so thank you

Quote:
"and I have the greatest phone on the market and can utilize any U.S. network." WHAT? I think you mean you can use it on ATT or Tmobile. That said you wont be using 3g on ATT as I thought the bands were different. So you will get edge when on ATT. Also you arent using it on VZW or Sprints network.
It's the Nexus that can't use at&t's 3g network, not the HD2

Quote:
I just love how people will give of coverage the main important factor behind so many of the phones features for a cool phone. If we were in Asia where GSM is king and coverage is great yeah. Here we know who has the best coverage and it aint GSM.
Yeah but having Sprint is like having a ferrari engine and putting it in a Pontiac Fiero body...great network, but the best new phone they have is the Samsung Moment which they barely advertise or market and is only a hare better than the Diamond.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News