PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 11:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Sprint will now charge you $4.99 a month if you don't have automatic credit card

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
Sry for the double post...didn't realize it was in carrier discussion. The thing that SUCKS for me is that my account HAS to have a spending limit on it, it has nothing to do with my credit. It's because I have an OLD free and clear plan that I refuse to get rid of.

3000 minutes a month
unlimited nights and weekends @ 7
unlimited sms/mms
unlimited data
unlimited free roaming

for $50 a month

BUT, I only have a ****ing $75 spending limit which they WILL NOT get rid of even though I've paid my bill on time for 4 years. They're probably trying to get rid of people like me, and I'm glad to switch to t-mobile at this point I don't care how much my bill will be.
I have prefered Verizon over Sprint (let's not go to that discussion tho) but, at that price, I would sign a 2 year contract with Sprint tomorrow...

Still a dumb thing about no auto pay, you pay $5 extra a month
Old 01-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Sprint will now charge you $4.99 a month if you don't have automatic credit card

The spending limit is based on your credit right? When I worked there, those with no deposit never had a spending limit. Those with a deposit or who had made late payments had a spending limit and yes it drove my customers crazy. Now they are making more money off of your payments.....way to go! Companies always find ways to make more money, ugh!

\

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 01-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jackeyboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

can I take my phone to T mobile or do I have to buy another phone? HTC Touch Pro
Old 01-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeyboy View Post
can I take my phone to T mobile or do I have to buy another phone? HTC Touch Pro
No you can't take your Sprint Touch Pro phone to T-Mobile. T-Mo uses GSM while sprint uses CDMA, they're incompatible with each other. You'll need a GSM phone for T-Mobile.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I love Sprint. It would take a Sprint Rep coming to my house grabbing my phone and smashing it with a sledgehammer for me to leave them. I'll pay the extra $5. That's fine. A little extra cost to help my favorite phone service stay in business.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Uhn sorry we started with a spending limit now we have none. Pay your bill on time no limit period. So there are some of us who have no spending limit. WE had a spending limit for about a year we pay on time it is now gone!!
Old 01-21-2010, 03:42 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

A lot of people don't realize this is far better than a deposit because when you NEED a cell phone and can't get it because it's expensive (and you are gonna use way too many minutes for prepaid to be an option), then it actually makes it so you can't get a phone without spreading a big expense over a period of time like several months to a year. It sounds like to me Sprint is just trying to cover their assets on people with bad credit who could be delinquent.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:13 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

OK, so how do you know if you have an account spending limit, I signed up with Sprint 3 years ago? I have not received any e-mails about this $4.99 charge, and it's not on my Bill anywhere.
A friend signed up with them 3 months ago and received an e-mail about being charged the $4.99 and was not Happy! I told him to call and have the spending limit removed.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

jackeyboy is a n00b

I called and asked them to remove it. The phone rep acted a little funny at first. When I simply told him I would switch to T mobile if he didn't he put me on hold for about a minute and came back and said it would not be on my bill. He said the account spending limit was removed from my account and I wouldn't be charged the extra fee.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:00 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeyboy View Post
I called and asked them to remove it. The phone rep acted a little funny at first. When I simply told him I would switch to T mobile if he didn't he put me on hold for about a minute and came back and said it would not be on my bill. He said the account spending limit was removed from my account and I wouldn't be charged the extra fee.
The friend of mine called Sprint and they told him they would not remove the ASL, he said he talked to the persons supervisor. Being a Sprint newbie, I told him to call and talk to retentions. I may end up calling for him tomorrow and talk to retentions about ending his contract without an ETF but leaving the line Active. Anyone have success with this??

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News