PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon
Re: Sprint will now charge you $4.99 a month if you don't have automatic credit card

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
...with all the bells and whistle's of an HD2 but Sprint is really pissing in the wind at this point if they think they can stop people from leaving.
Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. If you're paid attention to the product cycles of the last three years HTC nor Sprint have announced new products at CES. HTC has a record of announcing new WM devices at Mobile World Congress (next month) while carriers typically announce via press release their intent on carrying those products in the 3rd Quarter. This has been the lifecycle of WM in the United States for years. So quit complaining and wait for Mobile World Congress. HTC most likely has QWERTY HD2/3 to announce using a dual core Snapdragon processor that'll end up running Windows Mobile 7.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Re: Sprint will now charge you $4.99 a month if you don't have automatic credit card

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrandon View Post
Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. If you're paid attention to the product cycles of the last three years HTC nor Sprint have announced new products at CES. HTC has a record of announcing new WM devices at Mobile World Congress (next month) while carriers typically announce via press release their intent on carrying those products in the 3rd Quarter. This has been the lifecycle of WM in the United States for years. So quit complaining and wait for Mobile World Congress. HTC most likely has QWERTY HD2/3 to announce using a dual core Snapdragon processor that'll end up running Windows Mobile 7.
I'll complain all I want thank you sir. You don't have to listen lol. If you think HTC MOST LIKELY has a touch HD3 in store with a dual core snapdragon then I can't help you. You're on a touch pro...thank god you didn't waste your money on a tp2...I'm not sure what the Touch Pro roms look like these days but OMJ's Diamond rom literally brings all the functionality of an HD2 to the Diamond. Given that you guys have a qwerty keyboard and Sense 2.5 doesn't work well at all with Qwerty phones I'd say you've got it all except now you can't use your qwerty if you have a 2.5 rom. There's no reason for anybody to get any other phone unless you REALLY want android then I'd grab the Samsung Moment. But there has been no incentive for any smartphone user on Sprint to upgrade since the Diamond / Touch Pro came out years ago. I just feel bad for people with touch pro 2's lol. It's a nice phone, but waaay overpriced and rom development is still pretty shitty, stock rom is still the best one out there for a TP2 which in my opinion means it's a waste of money because I have more functionality in my Diamond than anybody does on a tp2 minus the qwerty.

Last edited by JQuill; 01-10-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrandon View Post
How do you know? I will buy that phone full price. I can only imagine how it looks!
Old 01-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Hey i do not care about paying 4.99 extra..to sprint for having a spending limit.. cause where else would i go? att ( heck no,, coverage sucks ) verizon ( heck no,, to expensive ) t-mobile ( lol , just left them no coverage )

I could go metro pcs,, but im happy with sprint.. and paying 4.99 extra.. is still way cheaper than the other guys.. not to mention i have 25% discount anyway..

now if your a sero user. etc. i can understand why u would be mad. your 30 dollar plan just went up by 5 bucks before tax.. but unless u buy old phones of ebay.. i say by the end of next year. all new phones will require a simply everything plan anyway.. so by by sero....
Old 01-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
How do you know? I will buy that phone full price. I can only imagine how it looks!
I'm only speculating but we already know Microsoft is going to be unveiling Windows Mobile 7 at MWC next month and given HTC and Microsoft's partnership along with HTC's own track record of making product announcements at MWC why would they announce any new devices that wouldn't take advantage of WM7.

WM7 surly will be a major highlight of this years conference. Expect announcements from all major WM players including LG, Samsung, and HTC. To answer your question about how I know, it's because history repeats itself and I've been following this industry closely for a while now.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
No this is not a joke. If you have in the "spending limit program" ... aka 90% of Sprints customers...basically this means if you HAVE any sort of spending limit no matter how much it is or if you've ever gone over it, Sprint will now charge you $4.99 a month on your bill.
Dont spread lies.

90%?? LMFAO i signed up for sprint when i was 18 fresh outta highschool no credit at all and minimum wage job and didn't get a spending limit.

It is BS but dont go around acting like they are screwing every single customer when its really the (in their eyes) unreliable ones (STill f^cked up to the tenth degree though)

Just call the credit dept and have them remove your spending limit if you really arent a problem

Last edited by newone757; 01-10-2010 at 05:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
I just feel bad for people with touch pro 2's lol. It's a nice phone, but waaay overpriced and rom development is still pretty shitty, stock rom is still the best one out there for a TP2 which in my opinion means it's a waste of money because I have more functionality in my Diamond than anybody does on a tp2 minus the qwerty.
Youre just talkin out your a$$ now lol

what exactly can you do on your diamond that i cant do on a touch pro 2?? and more comfortably on a bigger and better screen too

hold up. you dont even have a sim card slot on your diamond. You dont even have a 3.5 headphone jack built in. Go home
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Vogue
Carrier: sprint

ahbroody is a n00b

Quote:
It's the Nexus that can't use at&t's 3g network, not the HD2.
Really can you show me the specs that you are using for this that show it will sustain 3g on both att and tmobile? the freqs are different which is what 3g on one carrier equals edge on the other. Atleast thats what I believe from reading. Thats why the iphone cant do 3g on tmo. The sidekick dont work on att and so on. Do you have any official specs to back up your statement? I hope you are not using the unlocked phone as it appears that one wont be working on either networks 3g service. So I eagerly await your link which shows it will run 3g on both networks.

Quote:
Yeah but having Sprint is like having a ferrari engine and putting it in a Pontiac Fiero body...great network, but the best new phone they have is the Samsung Moment which they barely advertise or market and is only a hare better than the Diamond.
As for your analogy you will have a ferrari body with a fiero engine. Or shall we say the one pump chump. Looks good like its a true performer, but when called on to use that network it just might and sometimes does fail.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:31 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

yeah im not too happy with sprint right now. we all know they are a sinking ship and probably won't be around much longer. the fact is my wife and i have a $300 spending limit because of our two lines and not great credit. we don't want to set up auto pay because from time to time were a few days late on payments. most people are in the same boat in today's economy i imagine. we are just gonna have to suck up the new fees because i looked into verizon and t-mobile and the prices and packages they charge are far more expensive than sprint.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Oh hi T-Mobile here's my number. And I'll have the roaming option so I can use AT&T's network and I have the greatest phone on the market and can utilize any U.S. network.
What do you mean "the roaming option"? Is this some extra add-on? I'm getting an HD2 also the day it drops, hi T-Mobile

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News