PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Site News & Announcements (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New Signature Policies (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96856)

mindfrost82 11-16-2009 10:36 AM

New Signature Policies

We've tried to be lenient when it comes to signatures, mainly by allowing you to host images on 3rd party websites and use the img tag here to hotlink them. Unfortunately, some of them have been getting out of hand and we've had to change this policy since its impossible for the staff to request that EVERYONE with a large sig change it.

You'll still be able to use the img tag, but you'll have size limits and will be limited to the number of images you can have, as specified below...

The new rules for now are...
- 150 height x 500 width
- 500 characters max
- 5 lines
- limited BBCode
- 2 images (3 for VIPs)

If your signature is larger than 475px, it will appear in a box with scrollbars. If you want to get rid of this, you will need to edit your signature to be a smaller size, and you will have to use the rules above.

MrObvious 11-16-2009 10:45 AM

Re: New Signature Policies

Thanks. I'm just glad that it is more uniform. But how come my image isn't showing up?

mindfrost82 11-16-2009 10:47 AM

Because you're probably using an image tag.

You should be able to download the image, then when you edit your sig there will be an "Upload Image" box where you can upload it to the server and it'll insert it into your sig.

Batman 11-16-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 1333389)
So now, you'll notice anyone that had the img tag in their sig will now have a link to where the image was hosted. To fix this, the user must go into the UserCP and edit their signature and upload it to the server.

it says it in there ^^

Sharkie405 11-16-2009 10:49 AM

I just want to say that all of you who were complaining about sigs are retarded! Way to ruin it for everyone. Does it really matter to you if so and so's sig was too big. Ridiculous!!!!!!!

I tried to add my baseline bar back and it's says it's too big. It's just a bar??!?!?!? Am I doing something wrong?

mindfrost82 11-16-2009 10:51 AM

I'm changing the file size limit, it was only limited it to 10k lol. Give me a minute and try again.

Perasite 11-16-2009 10:54 AM

You cannot upload more than one image. It assigns the tag SIGPIC and will only allow you to use the last one uploaded. It also wraps long lines (like ones that make the image link to a site) and counts them as multiple lines. My sig was very compact. I had 4 images, but they were all 350x19. I am OK with removing one, but someone should check out why it's now only letting us get one and not the three in the rules.

Sharkie405 11-16-2009 10:58 AM

Got it back! Thanks Mindfrost!

Batman 11-16-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 1333417)
I just want to say that all of you who were complaining about sigs are retarded! Way to ruin it for everyone. Does it really matter to you if so and so's sig was too big. Ridiculous!!!!!!!

I tried to add my baseline bar back and it's says it's too big. It's just a bar??!?!?!? Am I doing something wrong?

its not retarded when only a select few with a certain sig in their sig gets a pm from a mod and theres waayy bigger sigs all across the board

mindfrost82 11-16-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perasite (Post 1333428)
You cannot upload more than one image. It assigns the tag SIGPIC and will only allow you to use the last one uploaded. It also wraps long lines (like ones that make the image link to a site) and counts them as multiple lines. My sig was very compact. I had 4 images, but they were all 350x19. I am OK with removing one, but someone should check out why it's now only letting us get one and not the three in the rules.

Hmm, I'll have to check that. I guess for now we're limited to 1 image until I figure that out.