PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PPCGeeks Database Errors. Report them here!

Yesterday was almost as bad when I found out Miley Cyrus took down her twitter account!!!
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
You guys should look at making an offsite copy that you can test the upgrades and work out the bugs before you actually do it to the real site.
This was unrelated to the upgrade, it was just coincidence that it happened around the same time. But that's a good idea and we'll probably do it in the future. Even if we do that, there's no 100% solution to making sure there won't be any issues on the production server.

Thanks for all your support through this. It might have been a combination of things. Since we're still seeing some weird db errors, I'll probably have to run a repair on it again this morning.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level

Please report if you notice any odd behavior or any DB errors from this point on.

We were running a DB repair last night, which can take a while, and some of those errors that were reported were during this repair time.

So now that it has completed, please let me know if you are still seeing errors. If you are, then I'll have to run a repair again.

Thanks for your patience!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Also, if you guys come across any threads that were closed or used to be moved let us know. it looks like some of the thread closures have been reversed in this repair proses.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

touchprogeek is a n00b

Hey guys, thanks for taking good care of the site. =D> I tried accessing this page http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49827 from the Touch Pro Essentials section of Baffles and it said I don't have the right permissions. Is this true or is it a screw up of the database? It's supposed to link me to a post about different icons for the battery/ev data etc. for the Touch Pro. Just thought it might have something to do with the errors..
Old 10-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchprogeek View Post
Hey guys, thanks for taking good care of the site. =D> I tried accessing this page http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49827 from the Touch Pro Essentials section of Baffles and it said I don't have the right permissions. Is this true or is it a screw up of the database? It's supposed to link me to a post about different icons for the battery/ev data etc. for the Touch Pro. Just thought it might have something to do with the errors..
It looks like that thread was archived. I'm not sure who or when, but its over 300 pages.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Here in central time zone from 10am till 11:02am I kept getting system busy, got on at 11.03AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Retired Staff

I just made a change, so let's see how it does now
Old 10-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yep just got database error now 10:50 am MST

EDIT: Running smooth now
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.

Last edited by mikejones13; 10-15-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Still experiencing issues and we are looking into this further.
~Mike

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements