PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

x-thumpr-x is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Spam and Private Messages

Hello

Too any mods on this forum, I'm unfamilar with vbulletin forums, but as an admin on another car forum (phpBB based) there is a patch you can install that will detect any new registration that are processed in under 5 seconds (normally computer generated). It automatically deletes this registration plus it bans the IP address right away too. 90% of this I get is from europe/russia. With a little bit of research, you might find such a patch for this forum. I know the hassel it is to check all new members daily to see who is valid.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Tilt
Carrier: AT&T

dotnetbrett is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dotnetbrett Send a message via MSN to dotnetbrett Send a message via Yahoo to dotnetbrett

My Name is Brett and I live and work in the DC metropolitan area. I do Lan administration, Web design, and Photography to make ends meet. Over the last 5 years, I have had 10 phones. I think that might qualify me as a phone nerd (or Geek). I was really happy when I found this group of threads on the various issues with PPC and CE issues on various phones. I hope to both be able to help and be helped in the coming year as my clients on about every site want me to fix some issue with their handhelds. I have read through the posts in this forum and like what I have read. It's nice to see that you folks have a sense of humor as well as the skills to solve issues. Anyways, I like to do massive amounts of photography and also enjoy watching my loser football team try to win. I do lots of firewalling at my job at several sites and also design sites for various local small business'. Now you know a bit about me. I hope I didn't bore you too much. Have a great night and feel free to email me.........Adios :-,>---- Brett
Old 11-22-2008, 01:44 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

well first off, welcome to ppcgeeks...

second - please post in the appropriate forum area.
for example: here is the Introductions forum

Old 12-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

It seems there has been a small rise in SPAM recently.. But then it was quickly squashed.. Good heads up by all!
Old 12-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotnetbrett View Post
My Name is Brett and I live and work in the DC metropolitan area. I do Lan administration, Web design, and Photography to make ends meet. Over the last 5 years, I have had 10 phones. I think that might qualify me as a phone nerd (or Geek). I was really happy when I found this group of threads on the various issues with PPC and CE issues on various phones. I hope to both be able to help and be helped in the coming year as my clients on about every site want me to fix some issue with their handhelds. I have read through the posts in this forum and like what I have read. It's nice to see that you folks have a sense of humor as well as the skills to solve issues. Anyways, I like to do massive amounts of photography and also enjoy watching my loser football team try to win. I do lots of firewalling at my job at several sites and also design sites for various local small business'. Now you know a bit about me. I hope I didn't bore you too much. Have a great night and feel free to email me.........Adios :-,>---- Brett

Welcome, brett!

Nice qualifications! I'm working on Network+, but I've got:
MCDST, MCSE [taking the test next tuesday], and CompTIA A+
Old 12-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
It seems there has been a small rise in SPAM recently.. But then it was quickly squashed.. Good heads up by all!
Since we have "The war on terror" half way around the world, we have something in this site which is "The war on SPAM", and we're winning it.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 12-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
Since we have "The war on terror" half way around the world, we have something in this site which is "The war on SPAM", and we're winning it.
And the war on SPAM world wide is being fought.

No joke, actually.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Let me count thy wounds

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Good point Saumaun, now I say let's assist other communities in the war against SPAM.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
Good point Saumaun, now I say let's assist other communities in the war against SPAM.
And we do this by?
Old 12-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Let me count thy wounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
And we do this by?
If we can report these same exact posts that we see in other communities, then we can report them as guests in some of those forums if not all of them.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements