PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Report Problems After Upgrade 8/31/09

The new Wordpress News/Home page is now active. The News Writers will get a short training lesson in using it for our articles, and you may notice the old articles getting published to it. This week we will be tweaking the front page some more as well.

You'll notice the forum style is a lot different. It now fits within the Wordpress style and everything "flows". Everything is a fixed width now as well.

You'll notice 3 styles now, PPCG, PPCG Dark Blue, and PPCG Dark Grey. I pulled over some of the colors from the last few styles we've had since the feedback seems pretty good on them. Unfortunately I cannot remove the small amount of white that's in the background since its a part of a larger image to make everything more rounded.

If you haven't noticed before, we will be adding a store to sell accessories and software. There is a tab at the top, but it is currently inactive. We will make an announcement once that goes live.

You'll see the new logo as well. While you're in the forums you will see the phones, but on the other pages (News, Store, etc), you'll see a logo without the phones.

There's now a Google Search box next to the logo that you can use to search the site. While in the forums, you'll still see the old dropdown search box.

On the news page, the dark blue bar below the logo is used for story categories. If you want to see news about devices, just click on "Devices" and it will filter them out. In the forums, that bar is used as our Navbar.

Please ONLY use this thread to let us know if you have a FUNCTIONAL issue with the new style and upgrades.

Thanks, and enjoy!!!!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:07 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: Report Problems After Upgrade 8/31/09

It changed right before my eyes! Looks great so far!

Old 08-31-2009, 12:12 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
New changes...

I'm not sure about everyone else but I for one don't like the skinniness of the new layout. Also the big fatty add at the top (though I can understand why it is needed) is pretty distracting.
What do you guys think?

dwizzy130

Old 08-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Only thing I noticed is the Personal Sticky Thread icon is missing.

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 08-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz View Post
Only thing I noticed is the Personal Sticky Thread icon is missing.
Fixed.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

The New Thread and Post Reply buttons have a white outline around them in the PPCG - Dark Blue theme. I like the new look and flow, btw, but it seems a bit too skinny. I'm on a 24" widescreen monitor, and I've got more room on both sides of the forum than the forum actually takes up.

Edit: Actually looks like all the buttons have the white outline (Edit, Quote, Multiquote, Quick Reply, etc)

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 08-31-2009, 12:37 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

www.ppcgeeks.com is somewhat messed up from an IE perspective (IE6 still sorry!)....

The Google search is partially covering the phone pics/links (see attached)
The login/register is doing the same
None of the links on the main page do anything...they all take you back to www.ppcgeeks.com page or the Sprint Touch Pro 2 Specs released post e.g. Carriers, Devices, General buttons, plus anything under the Recent Comments section.

Haven't checked out forum.ppcgeeks.com much yet, but it seems fine though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8-31-2009 12-38-45 PM.jpg (19.0 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-31-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

is the design of the site SUPPOSED to be so narrow?
Old 08-31-2009, 12:39 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i like it, very professional
Old 08-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Retired Staff

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

I'm sure you've noticed, but the names of the "Thankers" is back

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements